Your Kim Wilde TOP 10 2022

I probably don't know that many deep cuts, but I'm WILLING to EXPLORE.

Oh I’ll have a think about this but three essential deep cuts are ‘Real Life’, ‘Can’t Get Enough (of Your Love), which isn’t a Barry White/Taylor Dayne cover ‘Sparks’ and ‘Birthday Song’.

Last edited:
1. Never Trust A Stranger
2. The Second Time
3. You Came
4. Love Is Holy
5. The Touch
6. Can't Get Enough (Of Your Love)
7. Cambodia
8. House of Salome
9. Chequered Love
10. Water On Glass

ALBUMS (JUST CAUSE I CAN)

1. Close
2. Teases And Dares
3. Another Step
4. Kim Wilde
5. Select
6. Never Say Never
7. Love Moves
8. Catch As Catch Can
9. Love Is
10.Here Come The Aliens
11.Come Out And Play
12.Snapshots
13.Wilde Winter Songbook
14.Now And Forever

There's a few deep cuts (ISH) in my list, but definitely seek out "Teases and Dares" and "Close", which are both brilliant albums. The first is synth pop marvellousness, the second her imperial pop era- and stuff like "Stone" and the lesser known singles, "Love In The Natural Way" and "Hey Mr Heartache" really are worth the entrance fee :disco:

Also, for curio sake, her 2006 comeback "Never Say Never" is great. I also found a copy of the German "Baby Obey Me" cd single today for 30p in a charity shop, which will go straight on Discogs for a profit :D

There's a few deep cuts (ISH) in my list, but definitely seek out "Teases and Dares" and "Close", which are both brilliant albums. The first is synth pop marvellousness, the second her imperial pop era- and stuff like "Stone" and the lesser known singles, "Love In The Natural Way" and "Hey Mr Heartache" really are worth the entrance fee :disco:
There was a topic about Teases and Dares on here, which I absolutely LOVED. I was floored and gagged it was such a flop.

Close I'm old enough to remember, but i dont think I've ever played. The hits from it are all FUCKING ESSENTIAL.

I am very excited for this year's (FINALLY rescheduled) Greatest Hits tour. The setlist is apparently going to be "quite interesting" from someone IN THE KNOW.

I'm very into seeing a full set from her. Her Hoopla perf was outrageously good and I presume a delightful TEASE of the full KIM EXPERIENCE.

My DARLINGS!

I'm very into seeing a full set from her. Her Hoopla perf was outrageously good and I presume a delightful TEASE of the full KIM EXPERIENCE.

My DARLINGS!

She's even more DELIGHTFULLY BATTY when she's got more time to chat to the crowd. When I met her, she was delightful, but almost ENTIRELY bemused that anyone would be interested in coming to see her live :D

1. You Came
2. The Second Time
3. It's Here
4. Never Trust A Stranger
5. The Touch
6. Love Is Holy
7. Love In The Natural Way
8. Who Do You Think You Are
9. Perfect Girl
10. House Of Salome

With about another 15 equally worthy contenders bubbling under :disco:

The SYNTH ATTACK of The Second Time is often just TOO MUCH

She's even more DELIGHTFULLY BATTY when she's got more time to chat to the crowd. When I met her, she was delightful, but almost ENTIRELY bemused that anyone would be interested in coming to see her live :D
She seems DELIGHTFUL and still trying to take it all in, 40 years on.

I love that she still performs Cambodia like it's her first tour.

Cambodia- WEIRDLY one of the biggest selling singles of all time in France

She's so FAB

There's a great podcast where she and Ricky walk through her Greatest Hits and she loves EVERYONE and EVERYTHING :D

Cambodia honestly deserves some kind of revival. I don't care if it's TikTok or Stranger Things or a Sue Green Karaoke party.

She's so FAB

There's a great podcast where she and Ricky walk through her Greatest Hits and she loves EVERYONE and EVERYTHING :D

It's a special edition of Ricky's own podcast (which is really good generally) and a two parter. I was just coming in here to post about it:

Part 1:
Part 2:

The host is Kim Wilde superfan Lee Bennett who I've had dinner with and is a) delightful and b) clearly knows his stuff. It makes for a wonderfully relaxed and laid back chat. They run through the stories behind all her hits. Such a good listen!

A Kim Wilde Stranger Things revival would be MARVELLOUS!

I mean, unlikely, but talk about someone who needs REAPPRAISING :disco:

I miss the 80s drama in modern songwriting:

“Like a tiger you hunted and tracked me down
SAVAGED my soul and took over control
And then when you'd used all the love you found
You left without trace
Not a note or a single goodbye”

Good effort but I’m afraid I will have to correct you:

“Like a tiger you hunted and tracked me down
SAVAGED my soul and took OVER control
And THEN when you'd used all the love you found
You LEFT without trace
Not a NOTE or a SINGLE GOODBYE”

:disco:

1. You Came
2. Love Is Holy
3. Cambodia
4. Never Trust A Stranger
5. The Second Time
6. Can't Get Enough (Of Your Love)
7. View From A Bridge
8. Water On Glass
9. Say You Really Want Me
10. Who Do You Think You Are?

What a WOMAN.

She's been nursing me through my ailments. All this new Kim in my life, I'm jealous of myself discovering them all.

Current favourites of the day: A Million Miles Away and The Touch.

I am absolutely thrilled to discover between two and four other Kim Wilde obsessives. Between 2006-2012 I barely listened to anything else: so many of her songs are character or scenario-driven vignettes and that’s probably what makes her catalogue stand up so well.

1. Cambodia
2. Never Trust A Stranger
3. House of Salome
4. Boys
5. Suburbs of Moscow
6. Just Another Guy
7. The Touch
8. Our Town
9. You’ll Never Be So Wrong
10. Chaos At The Airport
11. Les nuits sans Kim Wilde :disco:

Also the Teases & Dares album cover is TOO GOOD.

1. You Came (‘06)
2. Chequered Love
3. Never Trust A Stranger
4. Chaos At The Airport
5. Young Heroes
6. Real Life
7. European Soul
8. Pop Don’t Stop
9. Loved
10. The Second Time

Never Trust A Stranger is the only UNIVERSAL ANTHEM between us, right?

I feel like Soldi when he discovered Kate Bush the week before posting a countdown, right now.

So much 13/10

I've been playing the "Come Out And Play" vinyl today, which I promised at the time I wouldn't bother getting, but succumbed to after Hoopla :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom