1995 UK Official Charts Number One Hits SURVIVOR (Round 1 - Vote to EVICT)

Vote for your choices to EVICT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the-simpson-homer.gif

Time for another UK Number Ones Survivor Game! :disco:
There were 20 different number one acts in 1995!

From Wikipedia: Robson & Jerome had the biggest-selling single of 1995 with the double-A side "Unchained Melody"/"White Cliffs of Dover", which spent ten weeks in the top 10 (including seven weeks at number-one), sold over 1.8 million copies and was certified 2× platinum by the BPI. "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio featuring L.V. came in second place. Robson & Jerome's "I Believe"/"Up on the Roof", "Back for Good" from Take That and "Think Twice" by Celine Dion made up the top five.

Will Moopy share the same sentiment (let's be real, no)? :o

Only one way to find out, and that will be decided by rounds of voting.

In this first round you are voting to EVICT UP TO 9 SONGS you most want to MOVE OUT before the next round. Voting will be open for 48 hours, let's go! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm curious to see how the votes to EVICT spread in this first round. while I can see some easy votes to evict and some songs that will make it to Round 2 easily, there are plenty songs that have a split chance of staying/going. :o

I really thought I'd try to not be PREDICTABLE with the Robson & Jeromes

But there literally is fuck all else to vote for. I'd forgotten how strong 1995 was. Even the Simply Red one is really VERY PASSABLE.

I'm sure I've understood correctly but just to be sure as Moopy is a shitshow today, do you mean evict the 9 songs we DON'T want to move on to the next round?
Yes, I've made a typo. :D 9 songs you want OUT of the competition indeed :)

Obviously, the eventual winner of this round is VERY OBVIOUS but I look forward to seeing what comes second.

God I love Some Might Say. Their grand swagger: Liam's vocals melded if not exact sung, gut wrenching guitar textures, murmurs, distortions, desperation and melodic relief - can you stand it? Oasis in a studio stoned trance that won the 90s indie-pop wise there and then. Although I dare say Edwynn Collins, The Bluetones, Garbage, Elastica, Saint Etienne... okay it was a photo finish with plenty of competition going, but we're talking number 1s.

What a year. Robson & Jerome aside, it is almost all iconic.

The dominance of the Outhere Brothers, though. I can't.

What a terrible year!

I don’t know if I should bother listening to those R&J songs or just vote them out.

The Outhere Brothers made me gay.

Someone at primary school said “Boom Boom Boom - if you’re gay say ‘wayo’”, and I didn’t hear them correctly :( Such a mean trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom