AᗺBA Voyage: SURVIVOR - ROUND SE7EN

Vote for the SONGS you want ELIMINATED

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hak

User
WAS IT WORTH IT, SEVERING THE TIES?

Updated with reviews.

Tells the story of a girl left behind in Kilkenny. She’s spent years waiting for him to return, we’re told; presumably she’s oblivious to the existence in Ireland of train routes, driving tests or text messages. The overall effect doesn’t prompt folkloric nostalgia, but mild nausea.
- The Guardian
Basically a little Irish ditty but done in such a specific ABBA way. Has so much nostalgia running through it, and wow I can’t get over how much the girls still sound like ABBA when they’re singing together.
- Pingu
Pop matters to ABBA because people and feelings matter. But ABBA know that pop can also be ridiculous, and it is a relief to find that the band haven’t jettisoned the outlandishness that marked some of their best material, even as they reflect on the passing of the years. “WYDWM,” the very second track here, is a crossover between pop and Celtic jig that even Ed Sheeran’s “Galway Girl” might consider just a bit too much.
- Pitchfork
Has the kind of gorgeously autumnal quality of Knowing Me and When All Is Said And Done with a slightly bitter edge. I can see Frida still standing on that rocky outcrop.
- HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid
OOOOHH what an intro, very jiggy, sort of reminds me of that Highland song from… Highland? Someone Swedish anyway.
It’s short! Is this a bitch track? The vocals are quite upbeat considering how BYE BITCH it comes across :D
- Diddy
The elimination of 'When You Danced With Me' is in fairness an error which we will all have to answer for in time.
- dmlaw
I was a little taken aback at how JANUTY this was on first listen but I have loved it since second listen. The lyrics are actually quite emotional and really tap into a 'what could have been' feeling of longing. And of course the tune is such FUN!
- Iguana
The melodies are undeniable, but it’s hard not to wonder why four Swedes who haven’t made music together in 40 years are singing about a village fair in Kilkenny.
- New Musical Express
Get those DIASPORA STREAMS!
- lolly
30.gif

- jivafox

LELT'S DANCE ALONG!

Last edited:
Down to the final four!

Vote for the SONGS you want ELIMINATED:

1. I Still Have Faith in You

4. Don't Shut Me Down

7. Keep an Eye on Dan

9. No Doubt About It

RESULTS SO FAR

5. When You Danced with Me
6. I Can Be That Woman
7. Just a Notion
8. Ode to Freedom

- Just Like That -
9. Bumblebee
10. Little Things

Last edited:
I think it's time that someone gave Dan a good talking to. Blaming each other won't help him. :(

The result is quite even between 3 songs though, which bit is the bad taste?
I think the problem may be the elimination of 'When You Danced With Me'. Which, in fairness, is an error which we will all have to answer for in time.

It is a shame to see it go but it’s an absolute atrocity that Keep An Eye On Dan is now on the chopping block.

I have wrestled with this since it happened but I can no longer morally be a vehicle for corruption.

The poll was tied last night and the truth is; there is a gang of Moopy members that pressured me into voting out When You Danced For Me, despite it being the only non-single from the album that I’ve heard. That vote caused the song to be knocked out. With Jark now leaving I feel like this is the right thing to do.

I don’t want to name names or cause drama, but their usernames begin with I, P and HSHA.

I have wrestled with this since it happened but I can no longer morally be a vehicle for corruption.

The poll was tied last night and the truth is; there is a gang of Moopy members that pressured me into voting out When You Danced For Me, despite it being the only non-single from the album that I’ve heard. That vote caused the song to be knocked out. With Jark now leaving I feel like this is the right thing to do.

I don’t want to name names or cause drama, but their usernames begin with I, P and HSHA.
Indie and PutterTart to resign IMMEDIATELY!

Indie and PutterTart to resign IMMEDIATELY!
I concur. How could we run a proper referendum while things can just change on someone's whim, users abuse their power and make others vote for tracks that's not supposed to get voted for??

To keep things fair those two will not be allowed to cast votes from here on out. Please let me know if there's other rule breachers out there @Iguana.

Hope you accept my apology on their behalf and this small gesture as restitution @Jark!

Right I’ve reluctantly bumped one of the songs up to 10, let’s get on with it.

Try again hun?
All I mean is that the 24 hour countdown starts when one of the songs get to 10. I’m aware it’s ALL* to play for.

*the relative arbitrary affection of twenty internet gays

I really thought Keep An Eye On Dan would be in it until the end - really surprised at how this is going.

Also @Frozen, shit or get off the pot!

Really, ‘No Doubt About It’ should have been gone three or four rounds ago. Getting it wrong here.

Both No Doubt About and Keep An Eye On Dan now has garnered more than 10 votes. members wanting them to stay has 24h to turn things around.

Poll closes tomorrow, Saturday, at 23.23 GMT.

WAS IT WORTH IT, SEVERING THE TIES?

Tells the story of a girl left behind in Kilkenny. She’s spent years waiting for him to return, we’re told; presumably she’s oblivious to the existence in Ireland of train routes, driving tests or text messages. The overall effect doesn’t prompt folkloric nostalgia, but mild nausea.
- The Guardian
Basically a little Irish ditty but done in such a specific ABBA way. Has so much nostalgia running through it, and wow I can’t get over how much the girls still sound like ABBA when they’re singing together.
- Pingu
Pop matters to ABBA because people and feelings matter. But ABBA know that pop can also be ridiculous, and it is a relief to find that the band haven’t jettisoned the outlandishness that marked some of their best material, even as they reflect on the passing of the years. “WYDWM,” the very second track here, is a crossover between pop and Celtic jig that even Ed Sheeran’s “Galway Girl” might consider just a bit too much.
- Pitchfork
Has the kind of gorgeously autumnal quality of Knowing Me and When All Is Said And Done with a slightly bitter edge. I can see Frida still standing on that rocky outcrop.
- HerSereneHighnessAnniFrid
OOOOHH what an intro, very jiggy, sort of reminds me of that Highland song from… Highland? Someone Swedish anyway.
It’s short! Is this a bitch track? The vocals are quite upbeat considering how BYE BITCH it comes across :D
- Diddy
The elimination of 'When You Danced With Me' is in fairness an error which we will all have to answer for in time.
- dmlaw
I was a little taken aback at how JANUTY this was on first listen but I have loved it since second listen. The lyrics are actually quite emotional and really tap into a 'what could have been' feeling of longing. And of course the tune is such FUN!
- Iguana
The melodies are undeniable, but it’s hard not to wonder why four Swedes who haven’t made music together in 40 years are singing about a village fair in Kilkenny.
- New Musical Express
Get those DIASPORA STREAMS!
- lolly

ANOTHER CLOSE ROUND! This time No Doubt About It got the short end of the stick with only a two vote margin.

POLL CLOSED

VOTE BREAKDOWN

No Doubt About It (14)

Keep an Eye on Dan (12)

I Still Have Faith in You (6)

Don't Shut Me Down (-)
  • Still haven't received a single vote(!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom