A thread for the icon that is AMBER

straightorbroken

rebel heart
Amber is 52. Yes, 52. What's her secret? She doesn't have any left as she'll rant about it all on her now-legendary Youtube channel.

Right now I'm going to start soft and sensual with a song that could be featured in the next Trine videogame (fingers crossed):

But of course we have these:

I mean, she has loads.

Not yet feeling your Amberphoria oats? Here is her most iconic rant (the details!)

Okay coming down again to be the nice person again ... THAT I AM!

I still play This is your night and Sexual A LOT

Where was that huge controversy with the host introducing her song as Li Da Li, refusing to say Sexual, which upset the singer who was about to perform? I remember the polemic but can't find anything about it.

I still play This is your night and Sexual A LOT

Where was that huge controversy with the host introducing her song as Li Da Li, refusing to say Sexual, which upset the singer who was about to perform? I remember the polemic but can't find anything about it.

:D
Sounds a lot like her. I remember around My Kind of World promo bloggers saying how angry she seemed (and they still respected her, just that she was getting cross at the questions specifically asking about the recurring theme of sexuality in her tracks). I mean, yes, YES is basically her The Sensual World (yes, that one) and The Need to be Naked already answers the question, but lighten up Ambs.

May as well just go full-pelt with the AMBER classics. This remix broke away from the Berman Bros and is a stepping stone to where she went next:

:D
Sounds a lot like her. I remember around My Kind of World promo bloggers saying how angry she seemed (and they still respected her, just that she was getting cross at the questions specifically asking about the recurring theme of sexuality in her tracks). I mean, yes, YES is basically her The Sensual World (yes, that one) and The Need to be Naked already answers the question, but lighten up Ambs.
I can't find any reference, but I'm sure this happened, I guess it was in the US, where she was about to perform live in a tv show, the host introduced the song as "Li da li" and she refused to perform or something like that :D It made the headlines everywhere back then, I can't believe I can't find anything about it. Surely someone else remembers it.

ANYWAY, I'll leave it there with some multiple remixes of this classic:

Karen Parry was hospitalized after she heard this one (she'd also just taken some tic tacs given to her by K-Lo, but that's another story):

And let's not fotget the follow up to This is your night, Colour of love, which was a moderate hit in the US. It's very Whigfield, isn't it?

She's been ranting about this, claiming her record label were all on crack and forced her to make this video, bless her. I don't mind this song at all, it's not as if the album had that many options.

Trying to find the performance I'm talking about, I just realised that in every US tv live performance the song was presented as Li Da Di or just avoiding to name the title at all :D

Genuinely one of my favourite songs of all time. How it didn’t blow up in the UK I will never understand.

Agreed. Although it did make a moderate splash. I mean, it was my sister of all people who brought it to my attention. Do you or anyone else know if the totp performance was for the UK?

Actually, the clue is in the chart position given there (#74 :D). In Germany it peaks at #65, so maybe this perfomance is what gave it that huge push.

Yeah I guess #24 or #22 or whatnot isn’t a complete disaster, but given the likes of Steps and B*Witched were ruling the charts and Ultra Nate was getting multiple hits of her own it seems odd it didn’t do any better. At least down under we paid it it’s dues :disco:

I also have a very, very vague recollection of them maybe using that performance in the UK when it hit the top 30 but I could be making that completely up :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom