ABBA - [The self-titled album] Sync Listen

An excellent example of how early ABBA albums somehow always manage to bring themselves spectacularly back from the brink. :disco:

YES SOS.

Introduced to me by The Conway Sisters during Abba week on X Factor. :disco: they smashed it of course (at least that's what my memory tells me)

It's been discussed before, but Abba do 'urgency' brilliantly.

For a song so revered by "serious rock" sorts it does have quite basic lyrics compared to most ABBA sadbangers.

YES SOS.

Introduced to me by The Conway Sisters during Abba week on X Factor. :disco: they smashed it of course (at least that's what my memory tells me)

It's been discussed before, but Abba do 'urgency' brilliantly.
You discovered SOS in the 00s? :o

God, SOS is amazing. I love the WILD SWERVE from the slightly morose verses to the ecstatic uptempo chorus :D only ABBA... you can't go wrong with BELLS in a pop song either.

09 Mamma Mia
07 Hey, Hey Helen
06 Tropical Loveland
10 SOS

a lot of the mixing / mastering / vocal production sounds rough across this album. or at least very unpolished.

SOS is up there with the greatest songs of all time. I feel like Fleetwood Mac could have probably written it with better lyrics.

Man in the Middle feels very much not like ABBA. like a random cast-kff from many a 70s rock group.

09 Mamma Mia
07 Hey, Hey Helen
06 Tropical Loveland
10 SOS
06 Man in the Middle

Boomerang is definitely one of their better silly songs.

The video is much expense. My More ABBA Gold VHS was a total favourite.

Hey fact fans: this was originally written for another artist to perform in Melodifestivalen 1975. They didn't win so B&B correctly decided to take it back.

so when does this album get good? I'd rather play a banger than boom a boomerang.

09 Mamma Mia
07 Hey, Hey Helen
06 Tropical Loveland
10 SOS
06 Man in the Middle
06 Boom-a-boomerang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom