Abbott Elementary

VoR

Take it or leave it
Any fans? Along with Ted Lasso this is the big breakout sitcom of the past couple of years.

It's definitely on the formulaic side, but I've been sick this week and it's just pure comfort food. Everyone in the cast is so charismatic, probably my favourite ensemble since Parks & Rec.

Also had a significant viral moment last year when the fabulous Sheryl Lee Ralph unexpectedly won an Emmy award and gave this speech. :disco:

I was hoping for a minute that this was a documentary.

diane abbott clapping GIF

I really like it. Very watchable and the principal is the out and out funniest character. But… ultimately it’s Modern Family set in a school.

It’s actually inspired me to rewatch Everybody Hates Chris which is streaming on ITVx because it’s the same actor who is exactly the same as he was as a kid.

I like it and do find it very comforting. Ava and Barbara are the best characters

Ava is a MAX character even if she's part of a very overplayed tired trope, her one liners remain high lights.

I adore it, but I think the second season, of which Disney+ in the UK only has half available, is significantly weaker.

Ava is RIDICULOUSLY funny

it’s the same actor who is exactly the same as he was as a kid.

I know he's supposed to play the grounded, straight person character in this and even though he's still a 10/10 (not to mention so HOT) I find him to be the weakest character; Ava, the janitor, Jacob and Melissa outshine him.

Ava is the instant standout but I find over time Barbara has more layers, and some of her line readings are inspired.

I torrented the back end of Season 2 and it gets better as it goes along. Probably more a reflection of my current weakened emotional state than anything else, but the episode with Taraji P Hensen as Janine's mother had me sobbing like a baby.

Last edited:
I do find that Gregory over-uses the Jim from the Office staring directly into the camera thing. It started really irritating me in season 2, none of the other characters do it nearly as much.

I like it and it’s charming but I don’t think I s laughed at anything. At best a smile.

SWEET baby Jesus and the GROWN ONE TOO.

Sheryl is such a legend. But yes, a great ensemble cast.

Just got into this.

Very fun, great cast etc. Sheryl Lee Ralph is an icon.

Reactions: VoR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom