Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
Loved this. Not boring, nor pretentious, just well written characters and thoroughly entertaining.

All the nominations well deserved and I really hope there’s an upset somewhere along the lines. Jeffrey Wright and Paul Giamatti are head to head as my favs for Lead Actor.

I’d also have easily nominated Leslie Uggams as Supporting Actress over Foster, Brooks and Blunt.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed it in spite of the slightly contrived ending. Having said that, I'd just seen Argylle beforehand so this was a work of art by comparison.

I would have liked to have seen more of Sterling K. Brown who was really underused at points.

I really, really liked it. I loved how even minor characters were funny and well drawn.

On Amazon Prime now after quite a limited cinema run. In case anyone is looking for something to watch over Easter weekend.

I thought this was a great premise, and I'm glad Jeffrey Wright got some long-overdue recognition, but I actually found the script pretty clunky and meandering.

This was an interesting premise but I didn’t find it as funny as I’d hoped and some points felt a little bit too obvious. ‘It’s essential we start listening to black people’s voices’ or whatever the line was for example.

Wright and Brown were both excellent. Jeffrey Wright is always incredibly watchable and Brown I’ve sometimes felt is a bit overrated in the past but this is the best I’ve seen him.

But everything else was good but not excellent. I’m kinda surprised it got a Best Picture nomination but I hate there being so many nominees in that category now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom