Anatomy of a Fall

I don’t know what you heard about me

• Total voters

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him

A fantastic movie, everything I love a relationship and courtroom drama. Sandra Hüller’s character is so likeable and so matter of fact that I was on her side from the beginning.

There’s an argument scene with her husband that’s so well written and acted, it overwhelmed me.

The court stuff is also fun and absurd.

I really enjoyed this. Some very tense moments.

I just couldn’t get over the fact that she doesn’t speak to her child in her mother tongue. It didn’t make sense to me.

Great stuff. The courtroom scenes were like catnip to me and she was ASTONISHING throughout.

The argument scene as Phoenix mentioned is Le Mépris levels of PRESSURE COOKER.

My only complaint is that they tell us the verdict of the case at the end. Yes, whether we believe it or not is up to us as the film cleverly points out in the scene between the child and the caretaker, but I still felt that they stacked everything towards the more likely, obvious conclusion.

I did think it was funny that the allegedly brilliant and original plot line of their books was already a rip-off of Sliding Doors.

Thought this was excellent, for all the reasons already stated. It definitely had some soapier, credulity-stretching moments that I'd probably be a bit less forgiving of in a Hollywood film, but her performance really grounded it.

I loved that end scene with the son too, where it really seems like he's about to admit he made up the convenient memory of his father's conversation with him, but like everything else they just suggest and leave it ambiguous, which is so refreshing.

Also, that POOR DOG!

Reactions: LTZ
Just came back from watching this and it was brilliant… such an incredible movie, and as a German living in France it was fascinating to see how preconceived ideas about ‘strangers’ can lead to judgement of personality or character. The acting was beyond, and the scene of the argument literally had me on the edge of my seat.

Yes the argument scene was probably the best acting I’ve ever seen, and you should see my ex-boyfriend :rofl::grin:

Last edited:
:evil:

BORING

I found this so dull. I didn't care about the weirdo lead or her dead husband, annoying child or their ugly dog. Not a single character was engaging to me in any way. And then it just didn't fucking end.

It gets points for the nice snowy setting, and for not showing us at the end whether she actually did it or not. (I don't think she did, but that she watched him bleed to death).

• Haha
Reactions: dUb

Never seen the film this is from (Sibyl, also directed by Justine Triet apparently) but :D

"THEY CANNOT STAND ME ANYMORE... AND THE FEELING IS MUTUAL!"

Astonishing performance from Huller and I also came in here to say that the argument scene was extraordinary.

I think they left the ending just ambiguous enough... I wanted to believe her all the way through, but... I still have a nagging doubt in my head.

I hope that Huller and Triet decided between them what the answer was so that she was playing it with utter truth, whichever way it was.

• Love
I hope that Huller and Triet decided between them what the answer was so that she was playing it with utter truth, whichever way it was.
I’m sure that was the case- how else would she have been able to be so utterly real (and riveting!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom