Australia

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

• I've been countless times and I am thinking of moving there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've been once and liked it.

• I've been once and hated it.

• Never been and not really that fussed. But yeah.

• Never been, not fussed, in fact meh.

• Never been and have zero interest.

• Yuck

• Other

• I'm from there but don't live there anymore

• I lived there and left

• Total voters
I'm planning my trip there (I think) for 2023, or maybe 2024. I can't believe I've never been.
I could write so much about Australia.
But let's pole it first.

It's so huge though isn't it (duh it's a continent)
But still if I travel all the way out there I want to do Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Cost etc.
Plus the journey time so I'd need really a month's unpaid leave to do it JUSTICE
And then there's New Zealand
oh

I would absolutely love to go but would have to be a good month to properly explore

BUT

my husband thinks everything there will kill him so unlikely to happen

Went once, loved it: went something like this.

Sydney: jetlagged to fuck. Stayed in hostel with awful 22 year olds (I was 23), got no sleep. Cried. My friend was SO TIGHT. Conversations went like this: "shall we stop for a quick coffee?", "Oooohhhh... Reallllllyyy?"

After that really found my groove and had a much more positive experience

Brisbane: nice city, beautiful city

Cairns: LOVED. Good vibe, tropical and quite strange physically but the people are cool

Alice Springs/Uluru: I wouldn't go to Australia without doing this part. Something truly otherworldly about it all. Very VERY interesting and really quite imperative to see

Darwin: eh. The national parks around it are very cool for aboriginal history but the city itself is just there

Adelaide: LOVELY

Melbourne: My favourite. Feels like a southern hemisphere London more than Sydney did (as a lazy comparison Melbourne is more European and Sydney is more American)

Didn't see any of Western Australia but I've only heard good things.

Also (sorry) I MASSIVELY preferred New Zealand just in case you're able to see there also. The most physically beautiful place on earth.

I lived there for a year in my early 20s and it was an incredible and adventurous experience. Despite that, I've never had any desire to go back and wouldn't want to live there permanently. Funny enough it's the same story with my whole friend group, we all swore we'd try to move back but ended up settling back in to our homes. I think because it's so fucking FAR that it was fun for a minute but ultimately pretty isolating. It really does feel very disconnected from the rest of the world - to some people that might be a plus though. Oh and I remember feeling like I'd stepped back in time about 30 years: rampant, open xenophobia and abortion was a hot button issue... in 2013. :manson:

With that said, great gowns beautiful gowns, yes it's stunning and I did the same trajectory as Tisch. :disco: The east coast from Sydney to Cairns is a must and so is the Great Ocean Road down to Melbourne, I'd give myself at least a couple months to do it properly Suedey baby.

Depending on what you’re interested in doing I don’t think a month is enough. I’ve lived here for 11 years and still haven’t got around to half the places I want to go.
All the main cities are worth a visit, but Cairns and Adelaide are all about what is nearby them, the cities themselves aren’t particularly interesting.
I love Sydney, and I would never live anywhere else, but I understand it’s not for everyone.

I've been twice. The first time I went alone travelling and spent 6.5 months there and went all over apart from the Northern Territory, the second time I went for 2 months to Melbourne and Brisbane. Again loved it.

Mandy and I are planning on going back in a couple of years as she's never been.

It's one of my most favourite places ever. There is literally nothing I didn't love about it. Apart from maybe the spiders.

It's the friendliest most unique place with so much varying scenery and wildlife.

New Zealand is also pretty impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom