Avril Lavigne - Let Go (20th anniversary edition)

So all four singles are plonked at the start of the album? Interesting sequencing!

is it too early to give my 11? I think I'm gonna!

08 Losing Grip
11 Complicated

there's something very SOOTHING about Complicated and I don't think it's just the nostalgia. the guitar on the verse is to die for.

Chill out, what ya yellin' for?
Lay back, it's all been done before

Zen QUEEN

I can't believe this only go to 10 here, its as remembered as a number 1

If they ever make a horrible cash-in Avril jukebox musical it needs to be Romeo & Juliet but the Capulets and Montagues are mall-punks and preppy ballerinas.

ok guys we really need to talk about verse 2 of Sk8r boi...

turns on TV
and guess who she sees?
skater boi ROCKIN' UP MTV
she calls up her friends
they already know
and they've got tickets to SEE HIS SHOW

I mean, how shitty are her friends? we already established in verse 1 that they all stuck up their nose and basically FORCED her to dump the guy - and now not only have they Suedey u-turned, having found out he was a HUGE STAR they got tickets to his show and didn't fucking tell her?!? cunts. this is a song about needing new friends.

Reactions: COB
I'm with the skater boy
I said, "See you later, boy"
I'll be back stage after the show
I'll be at a studio
Singing the song we wrote
About a girl you used to know

how meta

Imagine someone did a Frankee style response track in character as the ballet girl.

the singles from this album were truly that bitch. :disco: I love that I'm With You showcases a much softer side to her. and that why is everything so confusing? middle 8 speaks to me on just about a DAILY BASIS.

08 Losing Grip
11 Complicated
10 Sk8r Boi
10 I'm With You

Oh there's the bit famously sampled by Rihanna in that song I only remember now because of the sample!

Oh there's the bit famously sampled by Rihanna in that song I only remember now because of the sample!
I'm sure at that point in her career Avril was happy for the cheque!

Here's to the FREAKIN' WEEKEND

confusingly enough not the song called Complicated from that album.

ok I'm curious to see what @COB makes of Mobile. this is the #1 fan fave album track.

• Wow
Mobile (Avril's Version) (10 Minute Version) PLEASE!

This is such a good song, but I still maintain the actual 'I'm a mobile' conceit is STUPID.

Honestly I've never given the lyrics to this much though, and I'll continue not to

08 Losing Grip
11 Complicated
10 Sk8r Boi
10 I'm With You
10 Mobile

I love the bit where she runs out of lyrics and gives it the classic la la la treatment. what a tune though. definitely should've been the 4th single to really cement an iconic era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom