BEEF (Netflix Series)

RJN

lost all chats
Pronouns
he/him

Getting really good reviews so far. I just watched the first episode and thought it was great. Ali Wong is hilarious but she does serious great here too. And Steven Yeun, who I've never heard of but was apparently in The Walking Dead, really plays anger/anxiety/depression in a realistic way. And he's hot

I watched the first 2 and thought they were great. I’m excited to see where it goes.

and her husband is very hot.

I've seen 7 now and each one is crazier than the last. It never goes where I think its going

Getting really good reviews so far. I just watched the first episode and thought it was great. Ali Wong is hilarious but she does serious great here too. And Steven Yeun, who I've never heard of but was apparently in The Walking Dead, really plays anger/anxiety/depression in a realistic way. And he's hot

you and those who are new to Steven Yeun and engaging in impure fantasies about him COULD DO WORSE than to check out Burning, a recent ish adaptation of a Murakami short story in which he plays the potentially evil and very hot antagonist. (it's a pretty great film also)

I don’t know Ali Wong am I supposed to?

This looks like one of those shows that seems to rely on one trope and I can’t imagine what’s so great about it but when the reviews are really good for something that seems so basic, it definitely appeals. I’ll have to add it to my list.

Yeun is a good actor but I don’t think he’s hot. Ali Wong’s husband in it however…

I don’t know Ali Wong am I supposed to?

This looks like one of those shows that seems to rely on one trope and I can’t imagine what’s so great about it but when the reviews are really good for something that seems so basic, it definitely appeals. I’ll have to add it to my list.

Yeun is a good actor but I don’t think he’s hot. Ali Wong’s husband in it however…
I mostly know Ali Wong for her (good) standup specials on Netflix

And it definitely goes in different directions. The basic premise is just what sets it all off

I thought this had its moments (and *that* Maria Bello scene in episode 9 was certainly one!) but overall I found it disjointed and uneven. They really needed to commit to full-blown campy absurdity as those were the best parts, but there were long stretches that were actively quite boring.

I ended up loving this. Yes the pacing is a bit off (could have done with 2 less episodes) but the highs are extremely high and ends strongly.

This is perhaps my favourite thing Netflix have aired in years. I've no problem with the pacing. Episode 9 and that Bello moment hits so well partly because it's such an absurd ramp-up that blows up in barely 5 minutes. That impact might have been dampened if the whole series had been like that. Yeun and Wong are watchable enough that even the slower moments hold well.

Umbrella Academy guy is clearly the hottest, even saddled with that character.

This was really good, slow bits aside. The multiple pay offs were entirely worth it.

The incident in the panic room will stick with me for quite a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom