Considering she's back, and it could possibly FINALLY be her year:

a. which is the best
b. which would have performed best at Eurovision that year HAD IT WON

Save ME??
WINNER - Frans - If I Were Sorry

As I Lay Me Down

Not With Me:

Last edited:
Save Me I can remember thinking was a total MOMENT in that first heat. Untouchable, star-making - yet she didn't even MOVE! However for whatever reason the momentum stalled or it just didn't translate.

As I Laid Me Down I think would have done really quite well at Eurovision, but better than I Can't Go On? PROBABLY NOT! Charming still, and would have made a fabulous entry for another Nordic country.

Not With Me was cute I guess??

As I Lay Me Down for both. Quite easily my preferred Wiki effort, it is just so much more fun than the other two.

Her delivery doesn't appeal to me that much, but hopefully she comes back with a little more shade in the performance this time.

Last edited:
Save Me I can remember thinking was a total MOMENT in that first heat. Untouchable, star-making - yet she didn't even MOVE! However for whatever reason the momentum stalled or it just didn't translate.
She came second on the public vote in the final! She just didn't do quite well enough on the juries is all, which tends to be a running theme with her (although she did alright with them that time at least, as opposed to the absolute AIR STRIKING she got the year after)

(unless you mean why it didn't win, in which case I'm not sure anything was getting past the Frans juggernaut that year)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: Hak
Save Me was by FAR the best entry from MF 2016 :oi:

As I Lay Me Down by a mile. I really wish it had gone to Charlotte Perrelli, though obviously those kinds of songs are always going to be offered to the younger artists first.

As I Lay Me Down for both. Quite easily my preferred Wiki effort, it is just so much more fun than the other two.

Her delivery doesn't appeal to me that much, but hopefully she comes back with a little more shade in the performance this time.
From Wiki:
Although not winning the contest, it eventually became the biggest hit out of the 2017 entries, beating the winner "I Can't Go On" and runner-up "Hold On". When Swedish radio station Rix FM asked its listeners in late 2019 to rank the 100 best songs of the 2010s, the song ranked 59th; out of the Melodifestivalen entries on the list, only contest winners "Heroes" (5th) and "Euphoria" (15th) ranked higher, which titles "As I Lay Me Down" as the most successful Melodifestivalen entry of the decade not to win the actual competition.

I love how UTTERLY MISERABLE the lyrics of As I Lay Me Down are - and yet she performs the whole thing grinning! :D

As I WAKE UP IN DESPAIR :disco:

Bless her, she's probably just a histrionic freak LIKE THE BEST OF US

• Haha
The juries tanking AILMD as hard as they did is one of the weirder decisions they've made in recent years for me, although her foghorning the vocals probably didn't help.

• Haha
Of course, that one had a CLASSIC immediate VoR review from my recollection :D

I think Wiki performed it well but the staging and scene production was very lazy and costed her the win.

Despite all this she still would've won the public vote as well had SVT made the competition fair and turned off voting before the jury votes was displayed :oi:

Oh I forget 2016 also has Ace before she stopped giving a shit :disco:

She came second on the public vote in the final! She just didn't do quite well enough on the juries is all, which tends to be a running theme with her (although she did alright with them that time at least, as opposed to the absolute AIR STRIKING she got the year after)

(unless you mean why it didn't win, in which case I'm not sure anything was getting past the Frans juggernaut that year)

Oh I didn't revisit the results when making this thread :D
Whatever you said!

All My Life is comfortably her best for me! It’s a fun bop

Reactions: D5K
All My Life for me too, it's nice to see her with backing dancers for once.

I do consider Save Me to be very classic songwriting, and As I Lay Me Down is obviously the big hit all the girlies will be streaming when Vicky eventually departs to the great permists in the EVERAFTER, but I must say All My Life has been RACING UP my list in recent days (all three since it was first performed)

The songs are middling at best but above all the HAIR needs some drastic work. Viewers vote with the EYE FOR GOD’S SAKE!

On which note, is Mariette going to treat us to a new look - perhaps a jaunty, very chic bob - this year? :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom