Beyoncé - act ii: COWBOY CARTER

I am just completely obsessed with this album. I can understand where Sheena's criticism comes from. But personally, this bloated, self-indulgent, sprawling mess is doing it for me.
Basically same. it is really starting to feel like a cinematic experience now.

I'm not sure a pleasant cover of 'Blackbird' is going to EASE RACIAL TENSION Macca :D

Aye, not like him to wildly overestimate his old band's influence :side-eye:

That said, a post I read on a boomer-dominated forum has accused Bey of WHITE ERASURE so we may well be in an Every Little Helps situation.

Paul McCartney has never been able not to stan when a real vocalist comes to play on one of his songs

Let's not forget when he asked Mariah to unleash her power :disco:

Lily Allen made an off the cuff comment on her podcast and she has ACTIVATED THE CULT.

I mean I of course haven't listened, but from what's seeped in through this thread and elsewhere online, why would you make this cover of Jolene a hill to die on as a fan?

Lily Allen made an off the cuff comment on her podcast and she has ACTIVATED THE CULT.

is this the same Lily Allen who famously doesn't even really like or listen to music? shut up

I'm so glad I've heard Lily Allen's take on the song finally, I haven't been able to sleep right since the album came out.

I mean, we're all exchanging opinions on the Beyoncé album. I'm sure we all have less to offer than former popstar and the original JENNY in 2:22: A Ghost Story, Lily Allen. Let her offer her half-baked takes!

Aye, not like him to wildly overestimate his old band's influence :side-eye:

That said, a post I read on a boomer-dominated forum has accused Bey of WHITE ERASURE so we may well be in an Every Little Helps situation.

The acrobatics that White Facebook is doing to TAKE HER DOWN is amazing to see. It’s their life mission to end her career.

My new fave is SHE IS FRIENDS WITH DIDDY so now she’s going to prison :D

When Beyoncé writes something as beautiful and meaningful as:

There was a little old lady who was walking down the road
She was struggling with bags from Tesco
There were people from the city having lunch in the park
I believe that it's called al fresco

Then we’ll talk

When Beyoncé writes something as beautiful and meaningful as:

There was a little old lady who was walking down the road
She was struggling with bags from Tesco
There were people from the city having lunch in the park
I believe that it's called al fresco

Then we’ll talk

She's adding herself to the writing credits as we speak.

is this the same Lily Allen who famously doesn't even really like or listen to music? shut up
But it's also the Lily Allen who gave us the best song about yr boyfriend being a crap shag in the history of everything.

Someone at the chart company doesn't like her....

Attachments

• eh.jpg
    eh.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 30
Those people ALWAYS have avatars that are filtered to high heaven or have a baby with a suspiciously large cranium.

I keep thinking I might be ready to rate this and then I keep discovering new songs I didn't even remember from the last listen. Talk about an EPIC album.

I don't love everything, but everything feels purposeful.

Blackbiird, Bodyguard, Daughter and Ya Ya are the ones for me, and I still love the 2 singles, and American Requiem is spectacular but needs more time to bed in, there's a LOT going on.

Am I the only one that enjoys Jolene? It’s not my favourite as that accolade goes to BODYGUARD but it is still very very good.

I crossed those valleys
Highs and lows and everything between
Good deeds roll in like tumblin' weeds
Good and happy
'Cause you
can't dig up them planted seeds

:disco:

This does not surprise me. The Allen family only got where they were through connections and none of them are nice people. Over priviliged with no grip on reality and Lily was just lucky at the time as she had or has no great talent.

ANYWAY, we are in the Beyoncé thread. Let’s not discuss Lily Allen’s “talent” in here. It’s like discussing Premier League and a conference team. THANKYOU, NEXT….

I have listened to the podcast and its two friends literally having a chat - Lily quite clearly states she has not listened to the ALBAM yet and that the Jolene cover they both agree is not their fave. JESUS WEPT

Lily was dialling in from NASHVILE though #LA5

I have listened to the podcast and its two friends literally having a chat - Lily quite clearly states she has not listened to the ALBAM yet and that the Jolene cover they both agree is not their fave. JESUS WEPT

Lily was dialling in from NASHVILE though #LA5

200w.gif

Well it seems she might have been back from Nashville but she was recording there, it was combustion at that point cos she's out of RETIREMENT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom