COB's Creepers #5 - Theatre of Blood (TONIGHT, 8pm!)

COB

The ⭐ 👹
Continuing this year's series of spooky nonsense, please join me for 1973's Theatre of Blood:
MV5BMTQwODcwNTIyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUyMTM4NA@@._V1_.jpg

Edward Lionheart (Vincent Price) is incensed that his last season of performances in Shakespearean plays did not win him a prestigious acting award from critics. After an unsuccessful attempt at suicide, Lionheart is rescued by a group of drug-addicted bums. He then sets out to murder all of his critics, each with a different style of death taken from a Shakespeare play.
YOUTUBE LINK (START AT 8PM SHARP):

Last edited:
Theatre of Blood is available on Amazon Prime, and has also been uploaded to YouTube in decent quality (this is how I watched it recently and it was perfectly serviceable) - I'll embed that nearer the time.

This is an important bit of housekeeping that I somehow remembered to check now and will forget unless I post it - the Prime Video version doesn't have one of the studio credit things at the start, so YouTube people will press play ON THE HOUR and Prime Video people press it seventeen seconds in.

Also, the Prime version has a slightly better picture but MUCH clearer sound, so I'd suggest that version if you can.

It reminds me so much of my student days. That's the sort of thing other people would say about solvents and unprotected sex but I think I'm the richer man for my experience.

Reactions: COB
I've this on blu-ray but not gotten round to watching it yet. This seems like the great way to introduce myself to it so count me in.

• Love
Reactions: COB
I rewatched this last year and it was even better than I remembered :D

As @ButterTart said, the Dr Phibes films are definitely the ones to follow up with if this tickles your fancy (the first one especially) and then of course there is Masque Of The Red Death.

VINCE UP :disco:

The Wikipedia entry on this film features several ICONIC TIDBITS that I can't wait to drop in on the night :disco:

I'm surprised that the poster doesn't mention that Diana Dors features in a small but important role :disco:

One more day til Theatre of Blood
Theatre of Blood
Theatre of Blood
One more day til Theatre of Blood
Silver Shamrock

I randomly caught a clip of this a few days ago on Instagram and have been gagging to see it, so THRILLED this is one of COB’S CREEPERS.

I have added the YouTube link into post #1.

A reminder - YouTube watchers start at 8pm on the dot.
Amazon Prime Video watchers wait seventeen seconds before starting - this should keep both versions in sync.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom