Daisy Jones & The Six (Amazon TV Series)

FetchFugly

Pregnant
Anyone else watching this latest Amazon effort? I haven't read the book but I always loved Almost Famous and this is apparently going into an inspired by Fleetwood Mac messiness direction. The first couple are a little slow, but by the end of the third of the three available episodes the pieces are in place.

Riley Keough is rather good so far. Sam Claflin is meant to be the charismatic older brother, but he really looks OLDER, which took me out of things a bit especially in the first episode. Timothy Olyphant had a quite ridiculous little guest turn, which I enjoyed, and I'd like to see more of Suki Waterhouse, who is doing the Christine spot.

It feels quite silly, but good fun, and some of the songs are pretty decent for this kind of thing.

The book was shite but I quite like the album when I gave it a spin the other day.

Watched the first 3 episodes last night but I wasn’t really paying much attention after the second one. She’s very good and the music is really great, but it feels very very slow-paced.

Watched the first 3 episodes last night but I wasn’t really paying much attention after the second one. She’s very good and the music is really great, but it feels very very slow-paced.

I do think they needed to get her together with The Six more quickly.

I like most of the songs. Was just reading there is some speculation they are actually going to tour as a band.

"You're from here, aren't you? You must have people."

"I'm from Mars, Karen. I don't have people."

This ridiculous programme. I especially love the oh so dramatic and only very marginally aged up talking heads.

I finished this today. I quite enjoyed but ten episodes was probably too much and they could have done with making their two leads a little less irritating. Sam Claflin is very easy to root against.

I finished this today. I quite enjoyed but ten episodes was probably too much and they could have done with making their two leads a little less irritating. Sam Claflin is very easy to root against.

I think this sums it up for me.

I also felt the background characters were really underwritten. I loved Simone but she just disappeared. And I thought the whole Karen-Graham dynamic had far more potential than they gave it, not to mention how the whole Eddie subplot was just weird and didn’t seem to fit with anything.

The actress playing Daisy was fantastic, though. I’d happily listen to that voice on a pop record.

Oh and the hardly aged talking heads- DAISY LOOKED YOUNGER :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom