Debi Mazar interviews Lourdes

Jark

User
in Interview magazine.

full of frankly iconic quotes, including but not limited to

I don’t know how I feel about acting yet. I think it’s about finding a role that wouldn’t be too far off from who I am already. Honestly, actors really annoy me and I can’t be around them. :DAs for music, I can sing. I just don’t care about it. Maybe it’s too close to home.
“Bitch, don’t talk about my mom if you don’t want me to talk about your mom. You want to call my mom a whore? Okay, your mom is a whore.” If you feel like you have the right to comment on my mother, then I’m going to do the same to you.
Ethridge_210908_InterviewLourdes_Shot-8_114_03_RGB-1024x1536.jpg
My mom is such a control freak, and she has controlled me my whole life. I needed to be completely independent from her as soon as I graduated high school.
I hate TikTok people. It’s something I can’t explain. Maybe there’s something I’m not fully understanding about it.
I’ve always been a big house and techno person, ever since I was young.
MAZAR: That’s because your mother was dancing to it while you were in the womb.
LEON: Probably. Wasn’t she making that kind of music at that time? :disco:
it's a great read, although she sounds like a bit of a NIGHTMARE!

My experience with my mom’s music has changed so much as I’ve gotten older, because I’m increasingly able to recognize how influential and amazing this woman is, and how empowering to other women and ahead of her time she has always been. I didn’t fully comprehend that until I realized the importance of empowerment and what it means to be a woman. She’s probably the hardest worker I’ve ever seen. I didn’t inherit that, unfortunately. I inherited her control issues, but not her work ethic.

Stan, Lola, Stan

I'd like to hear more about how Debi has made 40 years of friendship with Madge work! There can't be many that have made it that far.

I don't know how much input she actually has into her modelling shoots (or how many she even does) but if the photographer lets her put her own playlist on and throw a few of her fancy dance moves, WHY NOT?

She doesn't sound THAT TERRIBLE to me although this whole "I paid for my own tuition :)" shit that she's trying to pull is RIDIC, like she was renting above a shop with 7 other people. SURE, JAN.

Also she can't salsa but then her "dancing" in the Eartheater video is basically posing around and pretending to be giving a blowjob in a car. What did you actually pay for in dance school Lola?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom