Discworld

Diddy

愛してるって 言わなきゃ殺す
Any fans out there? I guess a few, with several more coming in here to say they didn’t care for it, hi guys

I used to be really into them in secondary school, but over the last few years I decided I was going to read them all.

I just got through the first one that I felt didn’t quite have enough oomph (Moving Pictures), but it was alright

I think a fair chunk of my humour is influenced by Discworld

I’ve always wanted to read them but there’s too many and I never know where to start. I’ve heard people recommend the witches part as the best place to start.

I’ll get to it one day. Eventually.

I read a few of them as a kid and really enjoyed them. I have no memory of them now though. I feel I'd probably enjoy a re-read.

My first experience of Discworld was the PS1 game, which I adored and replayed a few years ago.

For some reason though I've always found the books a struggle, I've read a few and they're hit and miss for me, but I can't really put my finger on why some click with me and others don't.

I’ve always wanted to read them but there’s too many and I never know where to start. I’ve heard people recommend the witches part as the best place to start.

I’ll get to it one day. Eventually.

Depends what you’re into really, Rincewind has some good stories, as does Death

My first experience of Discworld was the PS1 game, which I adored and replayed a few years ago.

For some reason though I've always found the books a struggle, I've read a few and they're hit and miss for me, but I can't really put my finger on why some click with me and others don't.

Yeah some are a bit of a struggle, mainly the ones with characters just for that book. He’s got a good cast of regulars but some of the stories without them, like Moving Pictures or Pyramids, it wasn’t making me pop my cork

I read a few as a kid and loved them, but not touched one in DECADES. What are considered the best ones should I wish to dip my toe in again?

I’m a big fan. Night Watch is probably my favourite but it’s not one to start with because it hits a lot harder when you’re more familiar with the characters. Guards Guards is widely recognised as a decent place to start if you’re wanting to get into the series without starting at the very beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom