Do you think the UK will collapse?

Will the UK split by 2050?

• Total voters
Where’s Mhairi these days? You don’t see her ripping apart the Tories in the commons much these days. Can’t she take over

Has Sturgeon set a timeline for when she might step down? She's been quite the steady hand for the SNP, I do imagine they'd suffer when she goes.

The two people likely to succeed her are Kate Forbes and Humza Yousaf, with an outside chance of Angus Robertson (who I imagine will actually go for deputy).

Kate Forbes is an islander, and quite Christian, so would be good for the middle ground centrist voter, but I don't think the SNP membership are that keen on her as she has some quite Christian views at times that she broadly keeps to herself, but could still mean a tack to the right for the SNP. Humza is the one I think the membership would go for.

Derek Mackay was being groomed as Sturgeons successor until he, well, was caught doing some grooming of his own.

Bloody hell at the prospect of Humza as potential First Minister. Hasn't he pretty much been a disaster in every Ministerial role he's had?

But he’s fit so it’s ok 🤭

Not when he's releasing ridiculous public statements as he did this week, when NHS staff have been forced to consider industrial action. To claim he'll need to cut cancer and mental health budgets to meet the demands of overworked and underpaid workers wanting a decent pay increase is irresponsible, never mind tantamount to blackmail.

If he'd actually done his job in the first place rather than delay pay negotiations for 9 months, NHS workers wouldn't be balloting for strike action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom