Do you think Ukraine are going to win again next year?

Dungeness 2024?

• Total voters
As it goes, I am genuinely starting to suspect that public voters might have a bit of a thing against countries winning twice on the trot unless they've really really earned it. Although granted, there haven't been many times it's been tested seriously.

I think that the 'Ukrainian flavour ' of next year's show will put the war back at the forefront of people's minds, whatever the situation in Ukraine itself is like by that point. So I think it's very likely they'll get another massive public vote.

I think that the 'Ukrainian flavour ' of next year's show will put the war back at the forefront of people's minds, whatever the situation in Ukraine itself is like by that point. So I think it's very likely they'll get another massive public vote.
This basically. Ukraine are pretty likely to send something fairly good ANYWAY, and considering next year’s show is likely to be one big love letter to Ukraine, it’s not hard at all to see that pushing them over the line.

This basically. Ukraine are pretty likely to send something fairly good ANYWAY, and considering next year’s show is likely to be one big love letter to Ukraine, it’s not hard at all to see that pushing them over the line.

And the fact they normally send something better than this year's winner, I feel like the only way for them not to be right in contention is either something truly outstanding from elsewhere or (probably combined with) Ukraine consciously or otherwise entering a total non-starter of a song.

A year is a long time, I can't well imagine people will be like, "well, I voted for them LAST year" if it's even vaguely persuasive as an entry/performance. I guess it will depend on how things stand by then but it's hard not to see them being up there as favourites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom