Drag Race Sweden

The level of Melodifestivalen crossover is getting to be more than I was even hoping for :disco:

Really enjoyed this week’s episode although I thought the judging was bizarre. I thought both Santana and Fontana were fine (although I guess someone has to be in the bottom) and Elektra and Vanity were actually a bit underwhelming - I was baffled when the latter almost won.

Admira and Antonina did the best in the challenge so Admira’s win was well-deserved. This week’s elimination makes it even more obvious who the top three is though - the next couple of episodes will feel a bit like filler unless there are any more shock eliminations.

This show is a mess.

How was Fontana in the bottom? How busted were Antonina and Santana? Why was Antonina even brought back?

I agree the judging was quite bizarre that episode. Yes Santana's runway was a disaster, but nobody even mentioned her performance - she was the best one! I don't remember a thing Vanity Vain did onstage.

Still, despite that and Antonina being kept around way too long, it really was such a JOYOUS episode as a Mello fan. So many in-jokes. Also Fontana's lip-sync was well worth the dodgy judging.

This show is a mess.

How was Fontana in the bottom? How busted were Antonina and Santana? Why was Antonina even brought back?

I feel like the show played the “bring a queen back” card too soon. If they’d waited a week or two they could have used it for Imma or Santana.

I feel like the show played the “bring a queen back” card too soon. If they’d waited a week or two they could have used it for Imma or Santana.
Yes especially since it was fairly satisfying to see the three clearly weakest queens go home in the first three weeks. It was going swimmingly.

Really the most outrageous thing about this episode was pretentious pothead Loreen being a cunt to poor Fontana, calling her a clown minutes after poor Fontana was telling the viewers how she didn’t want to hide her happy self. :evil:

Loreen was much nicer in Untucked, but I did find the critique of Fontana quite bizarre. Particularly their obsession with her being some kind of perma-grinning phony, while Antonina and her WACKA WACKA drag style got a total pass.

Realistically, I suspect they just knew that Fontana had a killer Euphoria lip sync in the bag and did everything they could to force her into the bottom. But I remain baffled as to why they'd throw away a competitor as strong as Santana in the process.

I think a lot of Fontana’s over the top reactions to things is a bit of compensation to her not understnding all the references, on the other hand it annoys me when they say they don’t understand what she says because she speaks Swedish well and during the confessionals I find her more elequent than some of the other queens.

Absolutely love this season

Robin Bengtsson in drag and no charisma. Non shock

Fontana, absolutely fabulous this week and her partner was so adorable

Fontana and Anthony 😍 they really were adorable together, even before they finished their make up.

Robin was shockingly wooden, you’d think a pop star would be more comfortable on stage (regardless of what he’s wearing).

Did I miss something or did they fail to even MENTION that Robin was a Melodifestivalen winning pop star?

I don’t know if all the partners were Sweden-famous but as I heard it, their intro boiled down to ”Here’s an MMA fighter and a bunch of RANDOM GUYS” :basil:

Last edited:
Did I miss something or did they fail to even MENTION that Robin was a Melodifestivalen winning pop star?

I don’t know if all the partners were Sweden-famous but as I heard it, their intro boiled down to ”Here’s an MMA fighter and a bunch of RANDOM GUYS” :basil:

Yes, that was a bit odd, but at least two others are apparently a bit known (Fontana’s guy is a professional boxer and Elecktra’s guy I guess is more known because he dates a shitty celebrity crime author that’s much older :eyes: (and whose name the judges mentioned while he was walking down the runway). Even the unfortunate one that got paired with Anthonina looked familiar.

Last edited by a moderator:
OT: Oh I see they’re even married

images

But you think they would mention it as surely it’s key to him in theory having some actual stage presence?

None of the drag queens acknowledging they knew who he was, a bit weird too?

I think with Robin, I wondered whether they made a decision not to mention that he was a pop star because they were playing up the whole “macho guy makeover” thing and being a little pop strumpet doesn’t really fit with that narrative?

But yeah, absolutely bizarre for them to not say that he is a pop star. He even mentioned he had a gig!

The CHEMISTRY between Fontana and her guy was palpable. Honestly shipping them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom