Dune Part 2

Dune 2: More Dunes?

• Total voters

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
Why not start a new thread?

Florence Pugh is in negotiations to play Princess Irulan :disco: as if this cast could get more iconic (also explains why she dropped out of the Madonna project).

Why not start a new thread?

Florence Pugh is in negotiations to play Princess Irulan :disco: as if this cast could get more iconic (also explains why she dropped out of the Madonna project).

Well she definitely TRADED UP that’s for sure

I wonder if they are going to beef up her role - I don’t recall her doing much in the first book.

I can't believe this hasn't even finalised casting yet, never mind started shooting :D

I hope they do a RECAP at the start of this one (and I'm saying that as somebody that has read the book, and seen the David Lynch film about 3 times)

I can't believe this hasn't even finalised casting yet, never mind started shooting :D

I hope they do a RECAP at the start of this one (and I'm saying that as somebody that has read the book, and seen the David Lynch film about 3 times)

What is there to RECAP?

Still not a fan of the music but I do like that the Harkonen seem to live in a black and white world and that we’re getting that part of the story.

I enjoyed the first half of the first one before it fell off a cliff at the exact point the book did. I'm just not sure this desert landscape is THAT THRILLING A PLACE TO SPEND TIME. the black and white stuff looks quite unsettling!

Gives me time to watch the first one again because I can't remember a single fucking thing from it.

Gives me time to watch the first one again because I can't remember a single fucking thing from it.

Was just thinking that I would need to rewatch the first one as I read this thread.

Maybe I should just get round to reading the book.

absolute raves for this on twitter (review embargo not lifted yet) - all saying it's a better film than the first and apparently Austin Butler is the one to watch

Reactions: LTZ
also expected to have a 65m+ opening weekend which would put it on track to make quite a bit more money than the first. good for them!

Reactions: LTZ
20240218_220942.png

And Anya Taylor Joy, who played Coy, she gave everything.

Skipping this entirely. If it gets nominated for visual effects and sound at the Oscars next year I may fall asleep to it on Netflix.

Wow really? It’s been getting great reviews

I was looking forward to this and you’ve just killed my buzz :D

Oh it's probably amazing if you like this sort of thing, but I found it so boring - even more boring than Part One and a lot more happens this!

I haven’t watched any of them and am waiting for our movie correspondent @Ellie to grill it before I go anywhere near it. Is it Star Wars-esque?

Why? Is it awful?
Just "not my thing". The first one was long and dreary. Too heavy on boring lingering visuals. It seems every Denis Villeneuve film is the same with this and I just want them to bloody get on with the story, so I lose interest. Blade Runner 2049 was the prime example where a nearly 3 hour film easily could have been cut in half and not lost a single thing in the edit.

Although this was long, I didn't get bored really. Though for a film that long, it still managed to feel rushed in places :D with some characters jumping into certain actions or being in certain places with very little background.

Overall, it was alright.

This was the type of thing I should hate (self-indulgent and po-faced, with a bloated runtime) but the cast were so good and its whole schtick was done so well with such commitment that I couldn't help but really really like it. The same went for the first one. I'm v pleased to see that it's made an awful lot of money and we'll surely now get the third one. I want more Florence Pugh pls.

I also loved Austin Butler in this, even though he sounded like Papa Lazarou at times

I watched the first one at home over the course of three days prior to watching this sequel in cinema with friends.

And all I thought of both of them is; MY GOD WHEN WILL IT END?!

For being around six hours in total, nothing really happens, none of the characters is that interesting (aside from the religious women in those huge burqas who honestly were the only :disco: moments) and ultimately, the story is incredibly unoriginal and predictable.

Stunning views though, I love the desert.

Last edited:
I can’t get over how brilliant this was, just perfect in every way. It’s incredible visually, the casting is so good, the story is fascinating ( and this from someone who gets easily bored with sci fi ). I never once thought it was too long or boring, in fact I was mesmerised the whole movie

Sick of social media warriors talking about how this is a Star Wars rip off. It takes less than a minute to check that Dune came first.

I just wish they had treated the last 6 Star Wars movies with even just an ounce of the talent, class and attention to detail of the two Dune movies.

Finally watched this at home, it’s just not very compelling or exciting is it? Nothing seems to happen for ages, then other parts seem so rushed you’re not entirely sure what is going on. Austin was great and very fuckable, Zendaya was given precisely nothing to work with. The Bene Gesserit are the only interesting part, just make the whole film from their perspective!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom