Eastenders 2023

Omg at tonight's episode. The Lily stuff is traumatic. And the ending!

Oh that was a bit horrific :( Who is the baby daddy do we know? And I'm guessing Whitney is not pregnant then??

There’s talk that’s pointing to Freddie, but I don’t want that to be true as it would totally ruin the character.

There’s talk that’s pointing to Freddie, but I don’t want that to be true as it would totally ruin the character.
That would be a catastrophically stupid move. I think they’re probably just pointing the viewer towards him so he gets blamed for a bit before the real father’s identity is revealed.

There’s speculation that it could be Ricky Jnr as it would involve the Brannings, Mitchells, Slaters and Fowlers as a result.

I saw someone point out that if it was a child abuse storyline, there would normally be some pre-warnings in the press and helplines given out even this early.

I'm finding it hard to put into words exactly what I'm trying to say, but Freddie being conceived due to a rape and then happening to grow up to be a sex offender might feel like it's trying to make some sort of weird point.

I'm finding it hard to put into words exactly what I'm trying to say, but Freddie being conceived due to a rape and then happening to grow up to be a sex offender might feel like it's trying to make some sort of weird point.
Well his father was a rapist, not a child molestor. They do still need to reveal that all to Freddie at some point as he just seemed to give up on that pursuit after thinking Billy was his dad.

I know, and Freddie has no idea about the circumstances of his conception - I just mean that it could end up feeling like they're doing some sort of dreadful "evil is genetic" thing, which I'd hate.

I reckon Freddie being falsely accused of being the father could end up being how the truth about his own father is clumsily revealed to him.

But I do wish that Kacey Ainsworth would put in a guest appearance!

Anyway, how idiotic is Keeble? I know Tommy’s phone dropped on the ground when he was taken but that was an accident. Keeble has now revealed herself face to face and personally threatened Kat and Tommy. Unless she actually plans to murder them rather than just scare Phil, that’s a ridiculous thing to do.

As a detective, she instantly noticed Tommy’s smart watch. Why didn’t she give instructions to the hired kidnappers to look for such devices before taking them? Even though his watch doesn’t have a signal in that abandoned school, it would have on the way there and its last known location should be available to view on Tommy’s phone/devices.

So now Keeble snatches his watch away, but Tommy must have set it to record her blatantly incriminating threats, but regardless, Phil could easily record that phone conversation too.

I thought nugget was looking a bit shifty the other day too.
Yes, when Amy was talking about how they fell out over her and Denzel nearly sleeping together and Lily telling people, I thought Nugget looked like he knew something to say she was a hypocrite.

BTW, does anyone find it weird that Zack, the chef at a slightly upscale London burger restaurant, which doesn’t look much different from a regular GBK/Ramsay Burger type place, has been offered the job of HEAD CHEF on a cruise ship? Don’t those cruises have quite a large range of cuisine choices of varying standards?

EastEnders are working alongside Terrence Higgins Trust on a new story which will see Zack Hudson diagnosed with HIV.

Zack Hudson, played by James Farrar, receives the diagnosis this month when a former acquaintance, Brett, turns up in Walford and reveals that he has been diagnosed with HIV and urges Zack to get tested.

EastEnders is working closely with Terence Higgins Trust to accurately reflect and raise awareness of HIV, from the aftermath of receiving a HIV diagnosis to the treatment options and implications for Zack reflecting what it is now like to live with the virus.

Ian Green, Chief Executive at Terrence Higgins Trust said: “It’s been incredible to work with EastEnders on Zack’s story to show people across the UK that an HIV diagnosis doesn’t have to stop you from living life to the fullest.”

“During the height of the HIV epidemic in the 1990s, we worked with EastEnders on Mark Fowler’s story to ensure HIV was portrayed accurately on screen. Mark was the first mainstream British TV character to be diagnosed with HIV. His story was viewed by millions and helped change attitudes about the virus when fear and misinformation was rife.”

Over 30 years on from Mark’s storyline and sadly myths about HIV are still held by far too many people. The incredible progress we’ve made around HIV means people on effective HIV treatment can’t pass on the virus and can have a normal lifespan. We hope that Zack’s storyline will educate viewers on the reality of HIV in 2023 and spark conversations in living rooms across the UK.”

Chris Clenshaw, Executive Producer said: “#EastEnders has never shied away from covering sensitive issues and Zack’s story is one of these. There are still so many myths and disinformation surrounding HIV, so working closely with Terrence Higgins Trust has enabled us to really understand what it is like for those that are diagnosed with HIV and we hope that this storyline will bring more awareness of HIV and what it is like to live with the virus in 2023.”

Sorry but it feels a BIT PRUDE that neither of EE's HIV cases have come from good old fashioned bumming

Sorry but it feels a BIT PRUDE that neither of EE's HIV cases have come from good old fashioned bumming
IKR. In my limited interactions with HIV people, I think I've met two straight ones. Not that that's necessarily reflective, but still...

I guess it gives a dynamic with Martin who's brother was of course Mark.

The Ricky Branning actor sticks out quite a bit,l as a bit very good actor, doesn’t he? Not the worst they’ve ever had but definitely compared to the other current kids.

Obviously a minor thing compared to the main point being made here, but LOL at the idea of Lord Sugar sitting at home watching EE and just getting character names wrong constantly :tongueout:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom