Eurovision Rewatch: A Song For Europe 1981 (22:30 BST 17/04)

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?

I'm certainly NOT going to promise you high quality songs, but I will guarantee Wogan scoring fuck ups (yeah sorry, he presents it), a song which I'd completely forgotten Leo Sayer covered and got a top ten hit with a year later, and her from Liquid Gold being even ropier than I remembered. Witness the birth of Jay Aston onto the national stage, and wonder where it all went wrong.

Plus one of the most sinister, chilling things I've ever seen on stage, Eurovision related or otherwise. And I'm including Rosie Ribbons having a bash at The Winner Takes It All, and The Woman In Black in that statement.

After the glitz and glamour of Madonna's The Girlie Show rewatch at 8pm, come on over and witness what passed as primetime light entertainment in the relatively early days Thatcher's Britain.

Last edited:
Nice to have an extra rewatch, READY and WAITING :beer::disco:

Well, it's about time. My previous entertainment for this evening didn't have hide nor hair of a ropey key change. Largely because it was Have I Got News For You.

that reminds me, I need to plug the BaByliss in

I may even shave my head at midnight, for shits and giggles

I'm READY
IMG-20200417-222645832.jpg

I have absolutely no idea what I'm gonna what, I think my first ASFE was the unforgettable 2005 (nipples, Just vote for me, etc), and haven't seen many more. We'll see. :disco:

I must say I’m liking the masterful interpretation of the manson face courtesy of emerging bottom @ButterTart (who I noticed first years ago so hands off slags) :disco:

Also NO FILTER, not that I’m suggesting that everyone else uses them OBVIOUSLY :side-eye:

LIVE and THRILLING indeed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom