Eurovision Rewatch: Kyiv 2005 - 20.00 GMT tonight (28/3)

VoR

Take it or leave it
Arguably the year when the Eastern Invasion really transformed the Contest - and entirely for the better! 2005 is a big year in every aspect, with the former Soviet, Yugoslav and Balkan nations throwing half their GDP at their performances and the full voting sequence from 39 participating countries stretching to the length of a movie in itself (it was shortened from 2006 with countries only reading out their 8, 10 and 12 pointers, and again in 2006 when the Jury/Televote scores were separated onscreen for maximum drama).

That HD link features Norwegian commentary, but he's unobtrusive, and if you want to switch to Wogan for the voting sequence you can go here, though the quality is significantly worse:

Let's have a go then. Nothing better to do.

Three and a half hours? Jeez, could they not just make them do it as a medley or some such?

I don't know how I have let this start without having a drink on hand. Brb

It's amazing how she managed to sustain a music career by rehashing Wild Dances every time.

Think of all the wigs they could make for poor sick children if they lopped it all off.

What were the expectations of Javine this year at the time? I remember the UK desperation and self-entitled fury was in full swing by this point even though we'd come 3rd only three years previous :D

I fear for this commentator. 6 minutes in and he already sounds like he's lost the will to live.

What were the expectations of Javine this year at the time? I remember the UK desperation and self-entitled fury was in full swing by this point even though we'd come 3rd only three years previous :D
Oh those Europeans LOVE THAT EASTERN TURKISH BELLY DANCING STUFF we should do well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom