Eurovision Rewatch: Oslo, 1996 - 20.00 GMT tonight (01/04)

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him

I haven't gone through the link, I think there is non-English commentary, but it's proved pretty inoffensive in previous shows.

Fresh from their first win in a decade with Nocturne by Secret Garden, Eurovision comes back to Oslo. Hosted by pop dreamboat Morten Harket.

Prior to the contest, there was a controversial untelevised pre-qualification round which eliminated seven nations, notably Germany:

Quite the scandal REALLY.

UK hopes are high with Europop banger Ooh Aah... Just A Little Bit.

Last edited:
The mid 1990s methods for reducing the acts in the final feel even more barbaric than the future methods that lost us Kate Ryan. The last 5 shows average seems harsh and denied us big comebacks, but if you're not really trying then fair, fuck off.

Wow. Greece found time to televise the order allocation draw:

There are adverts at the beginning of the YouTube video. Best to play the video now and then rewind to 00:00?

Here and no adverts. Unless they're after the Eurovision theme.

Can we all agree to pause when Morten finishes to make sure we're all in the same place?

I think we're all in line apart from Lolly

There are some Druids at the moment so I think I'm a bit behind.

Dunno what senile old Lolly has done. Just panning over lovely Oslo now.

Eileen Atkins twatting around with some columns, some sort of medieval rave... enjoying this so far.

Also did Terry Wogan have a STROKE this year? I can't make out a fucking word he's saying.

Reactions: D5K
Dunno what senile old Lolly has done. Just panning over lovely Oslo now.

I pressed play because I thought there were adverts. But there weren't.

Eileen Atkins twatting around with some columns, some sort of medieval rave... enjoying this so far.

Also did Terry Wogan have a STROKE this year? I can't make out a fucking word he's saying.
He's dead hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom