Fever Ray - Radical Romantics (New Album)

FetchFugly

Pregnant
Out 10th March:

Fever-Ray-Radical-Romantics.jpg

Smeagol office chic.

Carbon Dioxide is quite a thrill, the wig out at the end :disco:

Why are most of the songs on the first album marked as EXPLICIT on Spotify? Is it because they’re too frightening? :shock:

We did some great things
DIDN’T WE? :shock:

I think that first album is going to remain unmatchable but I think F. Ray wasn’t in the most stable state at the time so it’s probably for the best. However it is very easily in my ALL TIME TOP TEN :disco:

Last edited:
I’m not sure what’s held in store for me given that it’s turned into F. RAY WEEKEND but here’s a quick selfie

Fever-Ray_1663944879_crop_550x367.png

Riff Raff chic was never my style, but if that’s what they’re feeling….. then that’s ok with me

The ARSE DOMINANT dancing at the beginning which you wouldn’t necessarily dish up to this particular soundtrack :D:disco::D

Kandy is a TREAT. I've been trying hard not to emulate the dance when I put it on at the office (in ear)

and Olof is still looking MIGHTY FINE

can't wait to see this 'estranged nonce uncle' look rocking queen at Sonar :disco:

The LINGERING SHOT from the rear of Olof at about the two minute mark... they knew what they were doing.

I've played it twice this morning, it is fantastic apart from the last track which feels a bit unnecessary. Love the Olof tracks on the first half of the album (The Knife return please), but also the giddiness of Looking For A Ghost and the scuzzy vengefulness of Even It Out:

And THEN
We CUT
CUT
CUT
CUT
CUT
CUT
CUT
CUT
CUT
CUT
CUT

I don't know much about Fever Ray but this album is very enjoyable, especially the run of four from Kandy to Carbon Dioxide. Looking for a Ghost is absolutely fabulous.

that said, the production is quite maximalist throughout so it can be a bit much as a back to front listen.

Is there any F. Ray album which ISN’T a bit much as a start to end listen? Surely that’s the POINT!

I can only echo the early consensus on this album. What a ride. The fantastically deranged "even it out" needs to be surprise crossover hit, it also has the best viewing / streaming numbers of the non-singles so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom