Fred again.. is a genius (and all things Fred again..)

Jark

User
EXHIBIT A

10m views in 3 months on this Boiler Room set from London in summer. I hardly know where to start but there's SO MUCH going on here. an hour long set packed with explosive bangers that all sound beamed in from the future, several unreleased including collabs with Four Tet and Skrillex that sound LIFE CHANGING. a grab bang of sounds from house, garage and drum & bass, all of which flow beautifully. ravers all around him absolutely off their tits, at one point pausing the set, including one guy who has gone to the VERY EDGE and is having the absolute best night of his LIFE, constantly trying to record the set on a FLIP PHONE. it's absolute chaos.

and through it all, Fred smiles and parties with the crowd, gets them jumping, plays live instrumentation, orchestrates the most seamless transitions... it's a fever dream.

EXHIBIT B

so many bangers

I really HAVE to see him STAT.

BANGERS!

Screenshot_20221128_131005_Chrome.jpg

Allow me to investigate

Edit: Spotify problem, the above links should fix themselves when Spotify get their act together.

thanks for your contribution. sorry that Spotify embeds are down, I'll get the tech team on it asap.

Stronger with Romy is phenomenal. I also love Marea (We've Lost Dancing). I need to investigate more

I’m finding Fred Again to be overrated, soz

There’s been a couple of good tunes so far, but I’m finding most of it a bit empty.

I find his albums/mixtapes to be a bit hollow and pointless - there's not a lot of MEAT on those BONES, but when he gets it right it's very good.
You can generally see which ones are the BANGERS on the albums by a quick glance at the Spotify play count :D

Along with Strong my top 2 are obviously these essentials:

Faisal is so good, when played loud it really does accurately recreate how it feels to COME UP via the medium of sound.

I did like Marea (We've Lost Dancing) too, but I'm fully OVER IT since it's been used to soundtrack every tv montage about lockdown ever ever. Never need to hear it again in my LIFE!

Well he's now got his biggest hit to date with a 12-17-13-9 chart run in 4 weeks. Predicting this as a future #1 - it's exploding.

Definitely my favourite track of his so far.

This is also AMAZING.

Slightly saddened to read he's born into aristocracy. Though if he keeps dropping hot bangers I can find in my heart to let that go.

I’m looking past his nepo baby privilege and ignoring it. I mean why wouldnt you get uncle brian eno to teach you the ropes given the chance?

Anyway watched this last night and enjoyed it, its very alternative slant on the live electronic performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom