Fruit Teas

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
Due to circumstances, I'm having to give up caffeine, alcohol and vaping. Naturally I'm starting with caffeine, with vaping very much the last to go.

I've often enjoyed a lemon green tea, but I've decided I need variety. Currently drinking

Screenshot_20230806_130739_Chrome.jpg

which is rather lovely.

Any recommendations? I don't really like berry flavoured tea, but am otherwise open to suggestions.

It's not a fruit but you could try a hibiscus tea. It is somewhat floral but has numerous health benefits.
I'm a little cynical about health benefit headlines, but anything better than flushing my insides with caffeine every morning.

I need to get a teapot with infuser quick smart.

Doesn’t green tea also have caffeine in it?

I love a jasmine green tea. I’ve also gotten into drinking some mint tea (it doesn’t actually have tea in it) before going to bed in my old age.

Not sure if you have this in the uk but it’s quite good

SpiceDragonRedChai_600x.jpg

Doesn’t green tea also have caffeine in it?

I love a jasmine green tea. I’ve also gotten into drinking some mint tea (it doesn’t actually have tea in it) before going to bed in my old age.
I believe significantly less.

Green tea has caffeine in, much less but I can feel it

I like a nice twinnings 'sleep' fruit tea these days with a few shots of CBD oil

Redbush/rooibos is the best, also lemon and ginger, peppermint, and I think there was an interesting apple and pear flavour Lidl did too. :D ☕

Green tea has about 25% less caffeine than normal black tea.

Do you need to cut it out completely, @GinAg (39) ?

I often struggle with sleep and caffeine affects me quite a lot so I drink decaf tea and coffee after 4pm. And it tastes exactly the same.

Green tea has about 25% less caffeine than normal black tea.

Do you need to cut it out completely, @GinAg (39) ?

I often struggle with sleep and caffeine affects me quite a lot so I drink decaf tea and coffee after 4pm. And it tastes exactly the same.
I certainly need to heavily reduce caffeine. The nurse I spoke to was realistic, suggesting baby steps. Caffeine, booze and nicotine (all the good stuff) intake would ideally cease. Giving up all my crutches during such an already stressful time was highlighted as a piecemeal process. I've given up coffee immediately.

After my birthday at the end of this week, I will reduce my alcohol intake dramatically. A last blast, so to speak before my op next week. I don't smoke tobacco anymore, and use low nicotine vapes, but that's the big challenge.

tl;dr ideally, but at a pace

Back from when I've quit, I'd say Mint and liquorice (separate options), but I always go for lemon variations. I think mint is a good one as you feel like you're getting a strong stimulant taste-wise, and I very much look to coffee for a bit of a kick (I get headaches if I come off it - I blame doing all-nighters doing essays for this extreme consumption I've gotten so used to). Liquorice might be even more of an acquired taste, but it's quite woody :ken:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom