funky's TOP 30 Absolutely Fabulous MOMENTS

I'm not actually capable of leaving on a trip without saying "TICKETS MONEY PASSPORT" any more. :D
:D

I'm the same when I enter a supermarket: "MILK, COD STICKS, APPLES FOR SAFFY"

Or when I write a shopping list, I always think: "Shopping list FOR MUMMM"

Please help!!

Many years ago I saw a scene in absolutely fabulous where patsy was trying to get out of a car (I think it was tiny) and she just kept kicking her legs wildly out the door. Maybe she was getting into the car and fell? I don't remember but I was laughing soooo hard and i would love to watch it again. If anyone one knows what episode that was in, please tell me!!!

WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE!
WATCH YOUR FOUL LANGUAGE!

*flings self onto bonnet*

it's the way she launches the handbag on the windscreen like a complete MENTUL that gets me. True comedians have amazing, natural body language and Joanna Lumley has it in spades. It's such a REWIND moment :disco:

Oh Joanna Lumley is one of the best physical comics EVER. Her face is astonishing.

"YOU HAD EVERYTHING! YOU HAD EVERYTHING I NEVER HAD!!!"

*scurries back to the other side of the room before Saffy can react*

'Poor' is some of the most masterful comic acting EVER from beginning to end.

I got to meet* Joanna Lumley a few weeks ago. She basically seemed to be in control of the WHOLE UNIVERSE. I was quite awestruck.

I am going to watch this a.s.a.p. too, because it's her marooned on a desert island for 9 days -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1utNyEasZIM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also her play seems to be flopping a bit now if any londoners/pilgrims want to see her for cheaper. Lastminute.com has stalls for half price.

*stand awkwardly near to

Last edited:
Oh Joanna Lumley is one of the best physical comics EVER. Her face is astonishing.

"YOU HAD EVERYTHING! YOU HAD EVERYTHING I NEVER HAD!!!"

*scurries back to the other side of the room before Saffy can react*

I love that episode - it's like theatre because it's all acted out in one long scene and the dialogue is amazing. I love it when she gets a slap and she pulls that shocked/bottom lip face and then tries to slap her back but refuses to let go of the ciggy :D

I'm going to see her play on Friday! It's had mixed reviews but it'll be nice and festive. Plus she's just so bloody WATCHABLE. I've been an avid follower of her Greek series

Did anyone watch that dramedy she did on BBC2 about plastic surgery? Was it called Lip Service? It was one of those under the radar thing that got AMAZING reviews from the broadsheets - I think it was a bit HIGH BROW. I've always wanted to check it out.

Sensitive Skin was about plastic surgery? I never knew.

Lip Service is BBC Three's premier LESBAIN DRAMA, funky.

ah yes thanks. Isn't my knowledge of British television AMAZING? :|

I wonder if it's on iPlayer.

Last edited:
Julia Sawalha was a guest on her ex-boyfriend Richard Herring's podcast this week. She had some interesting thoughts on Saffy's characterisation.

Great little chat there. I've actually learnt about Julia and the way she works through the Ab Fab blooper reels... she is actually magnificent at holding character throughout. There is one particular sequence where Jennifer and Joanna keep mucking up the lines and having fun with it, and it's right before Saffy is supposed to break down and cry (I think it's after the birth of Lola) and you can see she's trying really hard to keep that misery intact through all the hilarity so that when they get it right and she breaks, she breaks properly. It's a marvel to watch actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom