GamesMaster returns

COB

The ⭐ 👹
I heard rumblings about this a while ago, but we now have a presenter:

...AND the new GamesMaster is -
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Three hour-long episodes, initially on YouTube then airing on E4. I'm sure @Diddy's favourite podcast will have plenty to say about this :tongueout:

I really didn't have high hopes for this, but I properly LOVE Rab Florence and he's got a lot of experience both writing about games and presenting games-related TV shows - I think I am officially quite excited.

I hope we get people asking why they've not asked Patrick Moore to return, not realising he's dead :eyes:

I heard rumblings about this a while ago, but we now have a presenter:

...AND the new GamesMaster is -
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Three hour-long episodes, initially on YouTube then airing on E4. I'm sure @Diddy's favourite podcast will have plenty to say about this :tongueout:

Oh yes they broke the news a while ago but I forgot CLEAN about it!

Three hour-long episodes of the show
Three-hour-long episodes of the podcast :zombie:

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
Omg what is this
:bruised:

Oh yes, I am of course delighted. Has Dominik said anything? Apparently reaction to the new host is good.

Has Dominik said anything?
I'm not sure he has actually, from a quick look at his Twitter - lots about a GamesMaster retrospective book he's been kickstarting though.

Rab Florence is fantastic, and used to have his own games shows Consolevania (a pre-YouTube web series) and VideoGaiden (on BBC Scotland), obviously the content of those will be out of date nowadays but they're well worth a look up.

This is alright, having watched the first episode on E4 tonight. Trevor Mcdonald is excellent. and GRADO!

Oh shit I somehow forgot this was on, despite listening the the podcast through gritted teeth every week :D

Holy shit the episode recap is THREE HOURS LONG. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE

(Yes yes I know I don’t have to listen to it)

So I would have preferred the Mario 3D World and Oculus Rhythm Heaven game segments to have had 2 contestants aiming for the best time or highest score, and the Grado section was a skip, but I liked it and he's a natural successor to DD (even if I do think he does the exact same schtick?)

I watched it on YouTube the other day. I never watched the original so I don't have any nostalgia for it, so I enjoyed this for what it is. Mostly I've been a little bit in love with a fan of Rab for YONKS so I'm glad he has the gig because he's brilliant at it. Love that he's managed to sneak in Consolevania type of skits into it too. What a man :disco:

Reactions: COB
Only 3 episodes? I'm only finally getting around to putting the 3rd one on, but still. I hope a longer run gets commissioned.

Not sure I understand why I'm watching 1 person play against CPU on FIFA. Surely 2 contestants would be more entertaining.

Cannot believe Mario Kart 8 is almost 8 years old. It's the game that made me finally buy a Wii U in 2015 (along with an amazing e3 presentation the previous year).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom