Gorillaz - Cracker Island

Jark

User
no topic for this? headed to UK #1 this week, great reviews, features from Tame Impala, Thundercat, Stevie Nicks, Beck and Bad Bunny...

it's QUITE GOOD. and I basically don't give a shit about Gorillaz. Skinny Ape is brilliant. New Gold and Silent Running are really good too.

Ugh. It was fun to start with but it just feels like such a piss-about compared to Blur. Albarn had talent to waste and good grief, he wasted it.

New Gold was one of my favourites from last year. I've grown to like the Gorillaz more and more with every passing album. It's rare for a reasonably old act to still fresh in 2023.

I absolutely love Silent Running and Oil is catching up with it too. Also liking the synthiness of Baby Queen.

Gorillaz tend to be an act to take the odd song or two from for me, but the singles from this are really strong and the album seems pretty tight.

Probably just a passing comment that has been picked up but I read Damon saying he was considering handing over Gorillaz to someone else at some point.

Gorillaz haven’t seemed necessary for quite a while but there’s definitely something fresh and interesting about this latest project. Apart from Bad Bunny being the sort of thing Ed Sheeran would do, the collabs are all spot on choices and the songs have got a wonderfully dreamy trippy synergy to them.

The Stevie Nicks song does feel like a bit of a waste though. I can’t really get into that one. Maybe it’s a grower.

This is great! I’ve never listened to any of their I’ll albums I don’t think, but this is super solid.

on first listen, Oil, Silent Running, and Skinny Ape are my favorites

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom