Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3

Something something witty something

• Total voters
general election uk GIF by BBC

ALERT IGUANA LEAVE THE THREAD UNTIL YOU'RE CAUGHT UP ALERT ALERT 🚨🚨🚨

The way Marvel has a chokehold on all of us. I'm still processing Black Panther 2, I fell asleep watching the Xmas special featuring this unremarkable bunch and I'm way too excited for Ant-Man 3.

I watched the Holiday special since TIS THE SEASON ETC

It was alright for a bit of spinoff fluff. A bit like a filler Doctor Who episode where they don't have the budget so most of it is on Earth. I'm glad Mantis had something to do, even if I think Drax is the least interesting one. I don't really get the fascination with Kevin Bacon either, is it an American thing or is he just more AVAILABLE these days for the cult of Bacon shenanigans?

The best thing was it was GROOT-LIGHT. Also that dog was lovely, was it totally CGI? I think it might have been, in which case :o

I guess I can watch the trailer for Vol.3 now finally!

Oh maybe I saw that trailer already :D Why did I think there were spoilers? (or did I miss them?)

Also did we already know that Sylvester Stallone was in it? I saw the name in the speedy credits at the end

I always thought Guardians of the Galaxy is a comedy film. Like a SPOOF PASTICHE. Am I wrong?

I also think that the MCU planning their next half decade or so around multiverse stuff when people already seem a bit sick of that concept might prove to be a bit of a mistake :eyes:

The biggest problem they have is that nobody can truly be killed off because they just pop up in another world.

Phase 3 worked so well because the stakes were so high. I mean yeah they did the time travel thing but they mostly stuck to what’s dead is dead. MOSTLY.

I think people lose interest when there’s no reason to care one way or the other.

I haven't been to the cinema to watch something MCU related since Black Panther and it'll stay that way until The Marvels comes out.

Reactions: LTZ
Just saw this and can’t say I particularly enjoyed it. I realised I find almost all of the characters and especially their SCHTICK just annoying more than anything else. I didn’t really laugh at more than a couple of moments.

The music choices are OBNOXIOUS at this stage

I didn’t really know what was happening very often but that may be a me problem

The fact it’s another CGI-fest so soon after Quantumania is unfortunate

Also fuck off with the gay jokes James Gunn

Finally someone really should have died

My nephew immediately declared it one of the all time MCU greats however

I'm seeing more positive reviews for this than what I saw for Antman, I'm scared.

I've never been a fan of the GOTG franchise tbh. Chris Pratt is exhausting.

It was fine. I thought the high evolutionary stuff worked and he’s a good villain. The music eventually just got tiring, it went from cute to what a hack who can’t go 10 minutes without a song so they can walk slowly to it.

Also Elizabeth Debicki was criminally underused apart from one funny gag.

It definitely feels like there's been a cultural shift AWAY from these movies recently, but I do think it'll just take a couple of well-received entries in a row to get people back on board. They're definitely in the 'wait for streaming' zone for me just now.
For me as a casual viewer these have become both too complicated and repetitive… half the time I don’t know what’s going on but at the same time it feels like I’ve seen it all before. I definitely have lost interest

saw this yesterday and quite enjoyed it. The Rocket moments were the best and kinda saved the whole thing for me. The battle scenes are exhausting and so are the endless slow-motion scenes set to rock songs, these worked in the first one but have definitely become overused and tiring now. All in all not so bad though, but it definitely was my last Marvel or any other superhero movie for a very long time

This was not good. The ultra-gimmicky music direction, alone, sucks all of the energy and suspense out of what should be the best scenes. That's why all of the sentimental bits seem forced af.

The badger's story was definitely good though. And I still love Nebula.

My main takeaway from this was that if Disney/Marvel want to start saving money they could stop making films that are ONE HOUR TOO LONG. They would save on months of filming costs

Also Will Poulter was quite fit in this? A welcome development

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom