Heather Nova - 'Pearl'

The actual album has a bit of a harder sound than the single and the very good previous album. She toured playing the full Oyster album last year and was inspired to record with full band again.

The new single is excellent, very Fleetwood Mac. So pleased she seems to be keeping up with the form of the last album.

The new single is very Sea Glass meets Always Christmas (both songs of hers) which is of course a good thing.

Something about the song title didn't bode that well for me but I like that much more than I thought I would like a Heather Nova song called Just Kids. She certainly takes naturally to the daggy dancing though.

While I am in the mood, are there any moments particularly worth investigating from The Jasmine Flower or 300 Days at Sea?

Something about the song title didn't bode that well for me but I like that much more than I thought I would like a Heather Nova song called Just Kids. She certainly takes naturally to the daggy dancing though.

While I am in the mood, are there any moments particularly worth investigating from The Jasmine Flower or 300 Days at Sea?
The Jasmine Flower I found quite arduous. It’s acoustic start to finish and it’s quite earnest. The songs are fine but as a whole the album is probably a completists only kind of thing.

300 Dsys At Sea I find very palatable. It has full band again and returned her to the German top 40. It’s indierock with a pop feel. Standouts for me are Beautiful Ride, Until The Race Is Run, Higher Ground, Do Something That Scares You, The Good Ship Moon and Save A Little Piece Of Tomorrow are all standouts. Higher Ground was the single.

The Jasmine Flower I found quite arduous. It’s acoustic start to finish and it’s quite earnest. The songs are fine but as a whole the album is probably a completists only kind of thing.

300 Dsys At Sea I find very palatable. It has full band again and returned her to the German top 40. It’s indierock with a pop feel. Standouts for me are Beautiful Ride, Until The Race Is Run, Higher Ground, Do Something That Scares You, The Good Ship Moon and Save A Little Piece Of Tomorrow are all standouts. Higher Ground was the single.

Higher Ground is definitely familiar. Thanks, I'll check out the other stuff.

The album seemed very good from a quick listen on Spotify this morning. Apart from a couple of songs in the first half I wouldn't say it has much of the promised harder sound but she sounds lovely on the ballads anyway.

Fourteen quid in HMV though. I'll pass on that for now.

The album seemed very good from a quick listen on Spotify this morning. Apart from a couple of songs in the first half I wouldn't say it has much of the promised harder sound but she sounds lovely on the ballads anyway.

Fourteen quid in HMV though. I'll pass on that for now.
First listen is very promising. I think it sounds like the bridging record from between Oyster and Siren.

‘Pearl’ charts at #21 in Germany, #24 in the Netherlands and #33 in Belgium. Very fine effort from a self funded / fan funded artist with no real promo budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom