Holly Humberstone

Funky

User
Any fans? Been following her for a few months now...

She's an offshoot of the Taylor Swift, Haim, The Aces etc. sound - Synth pop and acoustic mix with a singer-songwriter slant.

I really like this new one even in spite of the heavy use of vocoder - added to Radio 1 playlist this week

Love her. Shocked there isn't a thread already. She was a BBC Sound of, right? I'd always thought her time seemed just around the corner so happy for her if R1 are finally picking her up.

By the time the album came around I'd lost a bit of interest so I'll have to try and pick her up again.

Faves:

It has been a bit of a torturous roll out hasn't it? She was the breakthrough at the Brits last year as well but I don't think she was helped by an underwhelming performance of one of her more middling songs (London is Lonely).

I really like the new song, I think it is her best for quite a while. Falling Asleep at the Wheel is still my favourite from her but Scarlett is another stand out:

Album OUT and it is pretty good:

It didn't strike me just how Taylor-esque Antichrist is before. Lauren is quite lovely.

she's listed first on NMF this week, will have a listen. Has she had much UK chart success already?

She’s from my hometown so it’ll be nice to have someone to reference other than Margaret Thatcher for a change

I'm not sure if this is the start of a deluxe project or just a random single, but it's really nice

I LOVED this album in the end, not everything was in my lane, but the title track and "Ghost Me" in particular were stunning.

I'm not sure if this is the start of a deluxe project or just a random single, but it's really nice

I LOVED this album in the end, not everything was in my lane, but the title track and "Ghost Me" in particular were stunning.

She has a four track offcuts EP coming soon. Dive doesn't feel like anything that different from her but it is very nice.

Down Swinging is a keep, the other two new songs are not especially interesting on first listen.

See I'm the opposite. I didn't like Dive, whereas the other 3 all hit me from the off. Don't know if they'll stick but way more potential for me. I'll definitely go back to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom