How do you solve a problem like Twitter? (Mastodon?)

Baby LaZenne

Who is SHE though?
Pronouns
He/Him
Obviously, Elon Musk is a twat and has a dedicated thread for his twattery, but separately from that, Twitter may be on the way out, and that is going to leave quite the hole in the way many people interact with the internet and follow news, entertainment etc.

Mastodon seems to be picking up steam.

But it is weird and decentralised, and is likely to go through teething problems, if it ever becomes successful at all. It doesn't even embed properly in Moopy yet!

What is everyone else thinking about the possible collapse of Twitter? Will it even be a big loss at all? Is this finally the chance for the Gay Interest Chat Longe to go MAINSTREAM!? :disco:

It’s very annoying as Twitter is the only social media I use, apart from watching cat videos on TikTok.

Twitter for me has never been the horrid cesspit of racism I keep hearing about. There are always twats on the Internet, but they’re mostly quite easy to avoid if you keep yourself to yourself, unless you’re a public figure of course.

I've barely heard of Mastodon. A quick search tells me it's complicated, which I'm not really here for. Twitter is an absolute cesspit, but I'm a mere observer and occasional sharer these days and I can normally source decent-ish info on there.

As stated earlier I only use twitter for other purposes and also never see the awful aspects of it unless I actively search for it, but I heard someone saying that twitter is not this ”town square” that everyone keeps calling it but rather a digital gladiator arena and I think that description is very on point and therfore I wouldn’t mind if it’s completely shut down.

Maybe we could all go outside for a nice walk instead? :)

Until it all goes to back to being platforms for friends and family to share content, it can all fuck off.

• Care
Reactions: COB
Frustratingly, Twitter has recently exploded for us in terms of business, we get a lot of engagement and traffic from it.

I'm aware of mastodon as it pops up in our backlink profile a fair bit, I haven't spent too long on it, it feels like an A level programming project.

Reactions: GNL
There is also something called the Fediverse, and quite frankly, life is too short to try and understand what it is.

I suspect that Musk Twitter will be a blip. Unless his mission really is to destroy it, he will soon realise that it is completely beyond his understanding and that all the things he considered to be just fluff and nonsense were actually critical to its operation. There are signs that this has already started to dawn on him, as some employees fired on Friday are being asked back, a sure sign of a total fuck up. As such, I suspect he may cut his losses at some stage and this will be fairly soon. But he's stubborn and arrogant and may prefer to see the thing collapse rather than admit a mistake.

The other aspect worth considering is that Musk has just fired everyone who could quite easily slap together a functioning replacement pretty quickly.

He didn't put much of his personal wealth/assets in anyway, he raised most of it (I think)
I’d love to have been in that investment pitch.

”Hi, Elon Musk here. I’ve accidentally agreed to buy Twitter for far more than it’s worth. I’ve spent six months trying to wriggle out of it without success. Do you think I could use your money to buy it rather than my own?”

Last edited:
I’d love to have been in that investment pitch.

”Hi, Elon Musk here. I’ve accidentally agreed to buy Twitter for far more than it’s worth. I’ve spent six months trying to wriggle out of it without success. Do you think I could use your money to buy it rather than my own?”

Such is the nature of the investment bro mentality I would imagine they were falling over themselves to offer him the money. They're all insufferable cunts.

Silicon Valley (TV Series) is proving itself to be the harsh reality rather than parody that Veep was to the American government

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom