I'm sorry but I think MIDNIGHTS might be my favourite T.S. album!

Suedehead

I Will Survive
Thoughts? đź’…

I loved it at the start but the conceptual element of it took a while to grow on me but I'm now properly obsessed with it to be honest.

the conceptual element? and what might that be? :eyes:

Midnights feels like a classic in-between album to me. far from her best or worst. the perfect moment to tide her over while she's on the road. very few songs fans would expect/demand to see on tour, which is ideal. a little bit of growth, but not much. just a "slightly moving the needle" kind of album.

I don't think anyone expected it to be so massive and I think it'll encourage her to make a bigger, brighter, super radio-friendly pop record next time.

Sorry but no. I pretty much disagree with everything you said.

Evermore was the in between album. Midnights heralds a new Taylor era. Okay, it was 'interrupted' :eyes: by the Eras Tour but I bet you the next album will be more of the Midnights experimental realm than classic TayTay.

And 'very few songs fan would expect/demand'??? WHAT? I'm sorry but ANTI HERO, KARMA, SNOW ON THE BEACH!!!!!, LAVENDER HAZE, MAROON all say hi

girl that's 5 songs. and let's face it nobody would blink if she didn't do Lavender Haze or Snow On the Beach.

1989 will probably creep back up to my No. 1 TS album after this Midnights phase is over, I expect. Nevertheless, it's still a top tier album for me and this developing narrative that it's some kind of a stopgap/lesser album does not sit well with me.

In 5 years I will wish to disengage from that narrative which I never had interest in the first place.

Do you hear me, @Jark ? :evil:

Oh, and BEJEWELLED! How could any self respecting Taylor fan not want to hear it in a few years?

And yes @Jark that makes it SIX songs from one album. In the old days that used to be pretty much most of an album!

Back me up here @Iguana @Tisch and @jivafox please

shade GIF by Lifetime Telly

oh absolutely, she has been consistently getting better since 2019.

and the only music critic that matters agrees:

don't let the GuAva Max stans in this thread try to convince you otherwise.

miss Ava really does have these girls PRESSED! it's quite incredible how often her name comes up in all kinds of places. the influence, the power, the international implications that has...

Sorry, I can’t get on with it. It’s alright, but I never go back to it unless I force myself in another “what am I missing?” way. It just kinda bores me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom