Inside No 9

Oh BRILLIANT, my flatmate and I have just reached the final episode of Season 5 so the timing couldn’t be better!

But that triple pun on Genoa, Chicago, Alaska KILLED me :D

That was the funniest bit for sure - so camp!

I need a rewatch too, but then I always do get round to watching each series more than once eventually.

I love this show but really didn’t like this first episode of the new series, it was just laborious with no breathing room. I prefer the serious ones where bodies are in the basement etc

Third episode was really good I think! Very twisty and clever...! :)

Overall I'd say it was a pretty strong season, book-ended by a novelty first episode that I had to watch twice to fully appreciate, and a bizarre final episode that I have no desire to ever watch again.

The 'little England' commentary in the last episode definitely could have been brought to the fore a lot more. The tension was well played.

I did think they were slightly odd choices of opening and closing episodes (a friend of mine chose Ep 1 as his first ever Inside No 9 and I’m having to beg him to stick with it), but overall a great season with some fantastic guest stars.

The season finale was one of the darkest things they’ve ever done :D

And that takes them up to nine series :D I need to catch up on the current one, I only saw the one with Jessica Hynes which was pretty good but also felt a bit by-the-numbers for them.

I finished my rewatch of this last night… the latest episode is one of the best and most chillingly spiteful things they’ve ever done.

I might post my official episode ranking in a bit.

I am planning to catch up on this series, but after hearing the stunt they pulled last week I really wish I'd seen it live :(

I finished my rewatch of this last night… the latest episode is one of the best and most chillingly spiteful things they’ve ever done.

I might post my official episode ranking in a bit.
The final episode, they'd definitely been saving to go out with that feeling of dread, was up there with the infamous Xmas special.

Although I think the Sherdian Smith episode is probably my all time fave.

Final series due in March, with (as ever) some fabulous guests stars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom