Kenya Grace - Strangers

Funky

User
Well this came out of nowhere, huge debut last week, climbing this week, headed for a Top 10 smash.

Turns out it started life as an insta reel. On paper any commercial dance song emerging from social media sounds like a bad mix, but this is actually really good. Capitalising on the commercial liquid-DNB that is everywhere right now.

Well this came out of nowhere, huge debut last week, climbing this week, headed for a Top 10 smash.

Turns out it started life as an insta reel. On paper any commercial dance song emerging from social media sounds like a bad mix, but this is actually really good. Capitalising on the commercial liquid-DNB that is everywhere right now.

It started life as an Instagram reel massively pushed by Warner Records who she signed a deal with in July and there’s ads for it absolutely everywhere. Still good though and deserves success but you can’t scroll without seeing it.

I really like this song and she has a great discography. However I can see this being another TikTok case where the label mismanages her career by focusing on this song for months and months while failing to develop her name. There will be 10 different versions (“sad” version is coming btw) and she will be tipped to be the next big artist blah blah blah before she’s never heard from again.

I know there’s always been flash in the pans but it does feel like the norm now for these manufactured stars to be huge for 6 months and then settle into a career of slow burn success with touring and the odd collab.

Do they all end working in Asda in their 30s? i suppose when you’re 19 you don’t give a fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom