Kylie - Padam Padam (1st single, May 18th)

WHY DO YOU GET AWAY WITH SAYING IT? :oi:
136.jpg

the video is more kitsch than I expected for this song. but Sophie doesn't seem able to do anything else.

I quite LIKE IT though. Kylie looks fab and the setups/mild choreo are beaut.

It's the lighting that is inconsistent throughout the video that spoils it for me.

Kylie looks stunning as usual but in some shots her face is so washed out and in others there is a warmth that just makes it look so amateur overall.

I can't say I'm surprised given who directed it.

it really is quite amazing that the same woman who once shot this delightful visual feast...

...now gets it badly wrong at least 4 times out of 5.

Yeah, the video is a bit shit

I refuse to let it in any way lessen the magnificence of the song though.

but :disco: at this:

Attachments

• 71126975-12097887-image-a-13_1684400612440.jpg
    71126975-12097887-image-a-13_1684400612440.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 28
Rather like the Say Something video!
Who remembers that even exists? And why would anyone ever choose to watch it when the UTTER JOY that is the Infinite Disco video is out there! :disco:

I think for the sake of my own sanity (frail as it is), I'm going to leave the SayHey Facebook group. Unbridled lunacy.

Although perhaps me posting on moopy mere hours ago that I wanted to die before her leaves me in no position to comment :D

I think this is the first song I’ve bought on iTunes in 10 years

A child and what looks like a pensioner are part of the dancing troupe. Aww.

I declare this a proper fully stocked lead single mixed with buzz and passion.

What a great time to have Dannii's passion project single on 2nd June too :disco:

So I actually like the video now. :o

Sophie Muller's shonky editing somehow works for this song. And as for the lighting, in the post apocalyptic world in which it's set (where somehow condiments in a diner remain looking pristine), it's the last of their worries really.

Nah. It's not for me. Good luck to her though. She's always been brilliant at being a popstar, even when the output is a bit rubbish.

This is exquisite.

I really didn't think she could beat Say Something (one of her all-time best), but this swerves back to that Fever-Slow sound twenty years later.

The video is a moment. I could imagine this smashing beyond the gays.

I wonder how wealthy she is now. It must be greater than £100m surely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom