Kylie - Tension (2nd single, August 31st)

Baby Rate the Tension

• Total voters
Are you commenting on my typo of the fact that she has ripped off Paris, Texas?
I didn't even notice the typo!

But yes, I should have said 'Influenced?' It's a total rip off!

I enjoy how Doctor Who-esque the mad scientist/Daphne Guinness Kylie's little control room looks, in fact with the red colour scheme it immediately reminded me of Matt Smith's first TARDIS interior:

EUs37MGWkAAS1fq.jpeg

Kylie to play The Rani immediately please!

I enjoy how Doctor Who-esque the mad scientist/Daphne Guinness Kylie's little control room looks, in fact with the red colour scheme it immediately reminded me of Matt Smith's first TARDIS interior:

View attachment 20533

It's Jane Henderson-Kylie's brain, isn't it? It certainly looks brain shaped!

Reactions: COB

View attachment 20533

It looks like how someone would have imagined the year 2000 in 1980

So my interpretation of the video:

Mad scientist-Daphne Guinness-Dominatrix-Kylie is actually Jane Henderson-Kylie's psyche controlling and turning this demure yet naïve Maria Von Trappe wannabe into a temptress and consummate Showgirl. The End.

So my interpretation of the video:

Mad scientist-Daphne Guinness-Dominatrix-Kylie is actually Jane Henderson-Kylie's psyche controlling and turning this demure yet naïve Maria Von Trappe wannabe into a temptress and consummate Showgirl. The End.
Or she could be an entity that enters her mind when she walks into the neon barn! :o

First listen I thought it was a mess. Second listen and I quite liked it. Downloaded it after the third listen. Fourth listen and it replaced 'Padam Padam' on my Best of 2023 playlist.

Someone needs to put Muller in the corner, that video is terrible. Song is a new dimension of Kylie and I can't get enough of it.

Listened to it all the way to the gym, but I've forgotten my earbuds to kontinue the tension. The song is almost worth driving back for - this will be a struggle.

I've read the most bonkers interpretation of the video on PJ but it's also the most plausible.

Last edited:
I agree, it's giving me flashback to the progression from CGYOOMH to In Your Eyes (which I've always preferred).

High concept! I'm DEFINITELY sold:

So... no one's talking about how the video is about masturbation? It's clearly Cute Kylie entering the within (apprehensively, I might add) where Dark Kylie pulls all the (phallic) levers to animate the projection of Vamp Kylie to show her how to do it. Cute Kylie is mimicking Vamp Kylie's moves and eventually leads to a euphoric scene as the hotel room breaks and she's awakened to the art. Then, Cute and Dark Kylies sit across from each other - awkwardly - pointing, noting they could spend all night with "each other" - then the mini Showgirl Kylie appears representing the clit - just look at how they interact with her. They both get embarrassed and intrigued in different ways. Then the whole video explodes into a climactic euphoric ending where they all dance together and it's overwhelming... breaking the tension. Cute Kylie then leaves with her scarf, purse, and hat left behind, fluffing her hair and with a sparkle in her step. There's no extras for a reason. It's all Kylie.

Someone has coined the name "Clit-lie" for Showgirl Kylie and I'm here for it

expand...
The part that sells this theory the most is when the white haired Kylie (who I will refer to as Vaglie from now on) is seated at the table with regular Kylie, pay attention to the words they sing along to. When Vaglie presents Clitlie to regular Kylie and she starts pointing at it asking to be touched right there. When Red hair Kylie comes back for another round and Vaglie has to excuse herself to resume controls again...

It's not wasted on me that Kylie literally enters a box at the very beginning, starting this entire journey.

These explanations are making me want to re-watch it and possibly change my initial opinion entirely. Maybe auteur Muller hasn't lost it after all.

Up to #37 on Apple Music. Took a while for Padam to make its mark there.

These explanations are making me want to re-watch it and possibly change my initial opinion entirely. Maybe auteur Muller hasn't lost it after all.
Also Clitlie is wearing a yellow showgirl outfit. Hmmmmm. When did Kylie ever wear that? Just a coincidence that Kylie is blonde....

I'm not sure how many more times I can cope with Eddie writing clit

Not sure if been mentioned but A list on Radio 2 and Record Of The Week. Gonna be an airplay smash too.

Not sure if been mentioned but A list on Radio 2 and Record Of The Week. Gonna be an airplay smash too.

dare I say it but if this seems more R1 than R2. If it was by Becky Hill they would play it

The entire song/video package is a work of art. I'm transfixed. :disco:

is there any indication of spotify streaming numbers yet?

Did like 210k on its first part day, full day figures to come this arvo.

Great start on Apple, if it can spend a few days top 40 there then that along with sales should size her up for a potential top 40 debut, irrespective of Spotify to an extent.

I just watched the video again, and Eddie's mucky PopJustice explanation really does hold water. It is 100% about the joys of BASHING ONE OUT

Or whatever the female equivalent is. (Flicking one in?)

Is there a Mystic Nancy's UK chart prediction yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom