Late Night With The Devil

Kratz

Τα, τα, τα, τα, τα, τα
This looks interesting, opens this week in the UK - currently at 100% on RT

Derived from a rediscovered master tape of an episode of a late night talk show, broadcast on Halloween 1977. Havoc unfolds when Delroy interviews a parapsychologist and the subject of her recent book, a young teenager who was the sole survivor of a Satanic mass suicide.

Was going to watch this on Saturday but the director’s admission to using AI in this has put me right off so I’ll wait until I don’t have to pay for it.

This was excellent (the context the AI is used in is minimal) - really well acted and paced coming in at a little over 90 minutes. Slightly needless epilogue but otherwise well recommended.

Managed to catch this for free last night and did not enjoy it. It very much felt like a low budget Shudder movie and was weird to see such ropey effects on the big screen.

I wasn't very impressed either. I enjoyed the buildup, but the ending was a bit silly. It's not really scary either.

Caught up with this one, and I found it okay. I liked the gimmick, but it kind of falls apart a bit toward the end. I would’ve liked a ratcheting up of the creepiness of the situation rather than effects (however satisfyingly lo-fi). Occult horror is one of my favourite genres, and one of things you really want is to feel truly unnerved, and this didn’t really hit that high for me.

Saying that, it’s entertaining and has one of the better body horror featuring creepy crawlies segments since Prince Of Darkness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom