London Bridge incident (2019 edition)

I think the fact this guy had a fake vest on makes the public reaction all the more amazing, apparently the guy removing the knife ran from across the other side of the bridge to get stuck in. I have no idea how I would react in a situation like this, but I'd like to thing I had the courage to do something similar in the name of helping people.

Did we know that one if the 'heroes' was a murderer on day release?!

:D!

I’m sure this country has enough cognitive dissonance to deal with that.

Christ yesterday felt very apocalyptic from lunchtime - I use London Bridge station everyday and had to get a different route back to Croydon, only to then arrive and find Croydon covered in flashing lights after riots.

And not even knowing that the suicide vest is fake.

I couldn’t have done it.

I'd have run as fast as I could in the opposite direction without a second thought.

I was thinking carrying a fire extinguisher in my man bag might be a bit unrealistic with my dicky back, but I'm wondering if a tin of squirty cream might suffice.

Reactions: GNL
I was thinking carrying a fire extinguisher in my man bag might be a bit unrealistic with my dicky back, but I'm wondering if a tin of squirty cream might suffice.
You're meant to be disarming a terrorist not licking his chest.

That the man armed with a fucking tusk is Polish is giving me so much life now.

A few tweets pointing out that the last London Bridge terrorist incident was just before the last General Election. Is that right? I thought it was longer ago than that. Which maybe says a lot about how LOOOOOONG this period of time is feeling.

Yes, I think it was about a week before, when the van drove into pedestrians.

The Manchester bomb was also during the same campaign. It was a pretty rough few months what with Grenfell shortly after.

Boris attempting to weaponise this incident contrary to the express wishes of the parents of one of the guys who died, who was literally a champion of Prisoner rehabilitation, is absolutely beneath contempt.

The whole thing is weird. Most of the heroes were ex prisoners!! The attacker himself was attending the conference after being invited. He then killed the organiser and someone else. Although he had a terrorist past (planning to blow the stock exchange, course you were hun, just like I'm planning for Tom Hardy to sit on my face) this sounded like the work of a very troubled individual.

Agreed, especially about Tom Hardy.

I'm still slightly unsure how I feel about inviting a convicted terrorist on remand to a big gathering. It must be a bit of a grey area.

I know the tusk guy was an offender himself, but apparently he nearly killed the terrorist with the tusk. This would have somehow been way more satisfying, than death by police bullets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom