MONACO CHAT

That actually made me laugh

maneskin-with-charles-leclerc-in-mexico-v0-o9ziqdyjggw91.png

A Eurovision winning act, and some lousy rock band that no one has ever heard of.

What a shame. I guess the won’t-they-won’t-they saga will continue for another year.

With Monaco eligible to compete in Eurovision for the first time in a number of years, there had been high levels of speculation as to whether the nation would be returning to the contest. In September it was confirmed that TVMonaco would not be competing, however, the Editor-in-Chief has explained in more detail why this decision was taken.

Commenting to L’Observateur Monaco’s request for an explanation, Frédéric Cauderlier added:

The deadlines are too tight for registrations. Furthermore, the launch of the channel does not allow us, at this stage, to concentrate on this project immediately

Good to know the door is still somewhat ajar for 2025 at least, if the channel survives.

I wonder if they’d do a Luxembourg style announcement at this year’s show? It is a former winner - albeit not as significant to the Contest’s history as Luxembourg was.

I wonder if they’d do a Luxembourg style announcement at this year’s show? It is a former winner - albeit not as significant to the Contest’s history as Luxembourg was.
Maybe Lebanon!

Aline Lahoud feat @Dark Carnival

In other potential comeback news, some elements of the fandom are convinced that the shape that briefly pops up behind “Eurovision Song Contest” is an outline of Anatolia and this means that they’ll announce Turkey’s comeback live on stage this year during Sertab’s performance :eyes:

As if Turkey’s return would be ‘announced’ at the contest.

Firstly, who gives a fuck, it’s Turkey and they haven’t been away 30 years. Can we expect a high stakes announcement of the return of North Macedonia at the same time? Secondly, they are not unlikely to find a reason to flounce off again in the coming year so it would be a bit of a PR risk.

God, some people are thick. I really can’t.

I’d happily swap Serbia out for Bosnia.
Serbia have become ESSENTIAL in the last few years though. We’ll swap them with AZERBAIJAN, they seem to have GIVEN UP and are evil anyway.

The official site has retroactively rebranded them as Türkiye which means we’d have to put up with that name should they come back :bad:

In other potential comeback news, some elements of the fandom are convinced that the shape that briefly pops up behind “Eurovision Song Contest” is an outline of Anatolia and this means that they’ll announce Turkey’s comeback live on stage this year during Sertab’s performance :eyes:
It certainly looks like the asian part of Turkey, but why would they leave the european bit out?
It doesn't make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom