MOOPY ALBUM SYNC LISTEN - Pet Shop Boys - Actually - 29/06

They do have a decent amount of deep cuts. I really would have preferred Behaviour to this. A far more complete affair.
I went simply on the fact that I know the yawning cover and it's a bit iconic. Have to say I know I only joined part way through but I am bit disappointed so far.

Not disappointed more, unaffected.

They do have a decent amount of deep cuts. I really would have preferred Behaviour to this. A far more complete affair.
I only really got into their albums for Very. I'm not sure if they are much of an albums act in terms of their albums making a coherent artistic statement. You could probably swap most of the singles from album to album without anyone really noticing.

It possibly doesn't help that the songs are quite long. A slightly dull five minute song is much more objectionable than a slightly dull three and a half minute song.

Yes, I like this more. Even 'What Have I Done To a Deserve a This' was quite mid tempo and we needed something more lively.

05 One More Chance
09 What Have I Done To Deserve This
07 Shopping
08 Rent
08 Hit Music

Yes, I like this more. Even 'What Have I Done To a Deserve a This' was quite mid tempo and we needed something more lively.
I say as it slows right down for about ten bloody minutes.

And slow again. They can do low key quite well sometimes. Not here.

So I read "It Couldn't Happen Here" is about people's initial denial that the Aids crisis would reach the UK. Pretty apt when you think about how little a deal was made of coronavirus when that news broke...

Sorry gang! Long day at work and had to get started on my famous vegan banana bread when I got back (:zombie: ) - bit late to start now although I can see from the comments this one may join the Butterfly sync party and annoy our resident PSB stans! :D

I'm not sure I like this very much either. It should be a really sad song, but it's ridiculously over produced. Frankly, I'm only just resisting the temptation to skip to It's A Sin right now.

Would be nice to have an Erasure sync at some point since they're clearly the more superior '80s duo :eyes:

Sorry gang! Long day at work and had to get started on my famous vegan banana bread when I got back (:zombie: ) - bit late to start now although I can see from the comments this one may join the Butterfly sync party and annoy our resident PSB stans! :D
I am a PSB fan!

05 One More Chance
07 Shopping
08 Rent
08 Hit Music
04 It Couldn't Happen Here

Who are the PSB Stans and where are they? Maybe it would be more enjoyable with some knowledgable context.

Now It's A Sin is fucking essential. The chugging shiney beat disco beat and choral opening is absolute magic.

At least we have two absolute 10s to make up for the weaker moments.

I'm not sure I like this very much either. It should be a really sad song, but it's ridiculously over produced. Frankly, I'm only just resisting the temptation to skip to It's A Sin right now.
Yeah it totally washed over me. I don't know how you can do a sad song with absolutely no hint of melancholy in your voice. I know Neil Tennant's renowned for his roboticness, but then he should stick to songs that suit it.

Like It's a Sin :disco:

05 One More Chance
07 Shopping
08 Rent
08 Hit Music
10 It's A Sin

This is good. A step down from It's A Sin, but then nearly anything would have been.

This is good. A step down from It's A Sin, but then nearly anything would have been.
I really the only tracks that could follow Its A Sin are Losing My Mind and Lay All Your Love On Me.

05 One More Chance
07 Shopping
08 Rent
08 Hit Music
10 It's A Sin
08 I Want To Wake Up

Heart is also totally essential. They were right not to let Madonna have it.

Heart is fucking amazing. First of theirs I knew and I never looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom