Moopyvision 2000-2009: Round 2 - Estonia, Germany & Poland RESULTS

Penelope

striking, unique, 𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘳
Pronouns
Any
Onto the next round - one plucky minnow that managed to score a win, one Big Four nation that served up some of the campest rot the contest has ever seen, and one which literally defected to ISIS :disco:

Votes to me by PM by 2pm on Sunday 3rd October please.

Estonia
2560px-Flag_of_Estonia.svg.png

Estonia started out exceptionally strong in the 00s, looping three top 5s in a row, but went off the boil rapidly after winning, being exiled from the final for five years on the trot once the semis came in - sometimes deservedly, sometimes much less so - before having a staggering return to form right at the end. A fun, poppy little selection here.

2000: Ines - Once In A Lifetime
2001: Tanel Padar, Dave Benton & 2XL - Everybody
2002: Sahlene - Runaway
2003: Ruffus - Eighties Coming Back
2004: Neiokõsõ - Tii
2005: Suntribe - Let's Get Loud
2006: Sandra Oxenryd - Through My Window
2007: Gerli Padar - Partners In Crime
2008: Kreisiraadio - Leto svet
2009: Urban Symphony - Rändajad

NUL POINTS

Last edited:
Germany
1600px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png

Another decade without a win for one of the Big Four perennials, but god - if the United Kingdom were a mystery box package last week, then Germany took the exact same template and executed it minus ANY taste and decorum and with camp tack levels set to ZWÖLF :disco: A truly HIDEOUS, ESSENTIAL ROUND here!

2000: Stefan Raab - Wadde hadde dudde da?
2001: Michelle - Wer Liebe lebt
2002: Corinna May - I Can't Live Without Music
2003: Lou - Let's Get Happy
2004: Max - Can't Wait Until Tonight
2005: Gracia - Run and Hide
2006: Texas Lightning - No No Never
2007: Roger Cicero - Frauen regier'n die Welt
2008: No Angels - Disappear
2009: Alex Swings Oscar Sings! - Miss Kiss Kiss Bang

NUL POINTS

Poland
2560px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png

Scoring a silver medal out the gate with their debut in the 90s, Poland haven't really made their mark on the contest anywhere near as much as their opening bow might have suggested since. They managed to score a second top ten for their record in the 00s, but their main appeal this decade lay in more eyebrow-raising entries that set the lower abysses of scoreboards and semi-finals alight :disco:

2001: Piasek - 2 Long
2003: Ich Troje - Keine Grenzen – Żadnych granic
2004: Blue Café - Love Song
2005: Ivan & Delfin - Czarna dziewczyna
2006: Ich Troje - Follow My Heart
2007: The Jet Set - Time To Party
2008: Isis Gee - For Life
2009: Lidia Kopania - I Don't Wanna Leave

NUL POINTS

Playlists up - I've done them for individual nations too to make voting a bit easier.

This puts me in a moral quandary. I refuse to accept that the monobrow with a cunt attached managed to beat Scooter in the German national final, so I worry that assigning any score to him - even 0 - would mean I’m validating him as an actual German entrant.

The intro to one of these songs was my ringtone a good few years.

Reactions: D5K
The adorable ISIS GEE :disco:

She’s often been compared to CÉLINE DION don’t you know :disco:

Onto the next round - one plucky minnow that managed to score a win, one Big Four nation that served up some of the campest rot the contest has ever seen, and one which literally defected to ISIS :disco:

Votes to me by PM by noon on Sunday 3rd October please.

Estonia
2560px-Flag_of_Estonia.svg.png

Estonia started out exceptionally strong in the 00s, looping three top 5s in a row, but went off the boil rapidly after winning, being exiled from the final for five years on the trot once the semis came in - sometimes deservedly, sometimes much less so - before having a staggering return to form right at the end. A fun, poppy little selection here.

2000: Ines - Once In A Lifetime
2001: Tanel Padar, Dave Benton & 2XL - Everybody
2002: Sahlene - Runaway
2003: Ruffus - Eighties Coming Back
2004: Neiokõsõ - Tii
2005: Suntribe - Let's Get Loud
2006: Sandra Oxenryd - Through My Window
2007: Gerli Padar - Partners In Crime
2008: Kreisiraadio - Leto svet
2009: Urban Symphony - Rändajad

NUL POINTS

I am course thinking MANY POINTS FOR LETO SVET :disco:

I do think that Poland should be forced by law to send things that sound (and are IN) Polish to save us from the fatuous toss they normally throw in our faces

Voted. And may i congratulate you on doing a stellar job, this competition is a welcome distraction to my eating and crying.
:disco: Oh you’re surely not STILL sobbing uncontrollably? All your inner waters will be gone and you’ll be naught more than a husk

2:53 onwards of I Don't Wanna Leave is truly iconic. It's like watching a car skidding on black ice and desperately trying to regain control, except in vocal form.

Going through Germany now and looking for updates about Corrina, I've found this which kind of breaks my heart.

I started doing Esthonia last night but got distracted

Shall do this later Pen x

Actually, it's a reference to the PIANO CHORDS :disco:

But yeah, I guess the camel toe stands out even more :(

Seriously though the STATE of Blue Cafe - as if TANGO TANGO wasn't torture enough two months before.

:stopthefuck:

Watching that No Angels performance, I can't believe how much they FUCKED IT. :argh:

Singing each note in four different keys and still not hitting any of them.

Watching that No Angels performance, I can't believe how much they FUCKED IT. :argh:

I remember wanting No Angels to do Eurovision for years. And then we got that :manson:

SO BAD :D

They talked about it quite a bit in their recent 20 year anniversary and they all were like "yep, a COMPLETE disaster - we knew when even our families didn't say anything after the performance"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom