Moopyvision 2010-2019 Round 13: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Slovakia & Turkey

2nd: Knez - Adio (168pts)

montenegro-eurovision-2015-820x504.png

Now this is how you deliver a quintessential BBB!

Montenegro's crowning achievement at Eurovision to date (13th place), Adio was penned by Serbian superstar Željko Joksimović, marking something of a Yugoslav hat trick having already composed finalists for his home country and Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Frontman Knez may resemble a heavily botoxed duck performing an after-dinner magic show, but he sold this with all the gusto his frozen forehead would allow on the night. The stage show looked genuinely beautiful too, making excellent use of the large space and correctly intuiting that light was... not Knez's friend.

Classy, well sung and genuinely musically interesting - as a package this may have been very far from on-trend, but I suspect there'll always be a place for stuff like this at Eurovision when it's delivered at this level.

6 x 12 (VoR, David_5000, Soldi, Kevin, wurst, Raining on me)
2 x 2 (Buttertart, Ill Advised)

1st: Who See - Igranka (178pts)

eurovision.jpg

AKA the greatest jury crime of the modern era? Easily the most forward-thinking entry Montenegro have ever sent, this should by all rights have been their first finalist, finishing 4th on the televote. Alas, the jurors paid them absolute dust, pushing it all the way down to 12th on the combined score, much to the vocal disappointment of that year's UK Semi Final commentator Ana Matronic (bring her back!)

I believe there was some controversy this year about how old-trending the jurors tended to be, and I think some changes were enacted the following year to at least inject a little youth into proceedings, so poor old Who See and their screechy Borg queen at least didn't get sucked out of the airlock in vain. Still, it's hard not to wonder what might have been. I'm pretty sure this would have been a comfortable top ten finisher in 2019. The road from this to D Moll must have been a hard one...

7 x 12 (Jacques, Buttertart, Win The Game, Kevin7, Madison, Ill Advised, Superstylin')
1 x 0 (Alla)

Very much a deserved winner. The only Montenegrin song I can say I genuinely like (and play quite often). When I saw Who See live, they didn't even perform Igranka - I would have complained to the manager but for the fact that I watched them for free at a festival in Budva old town.

Anyway, cheers @VoR for this cheeky little treat.

Awww poor Knez, I genuinely think Adio is quite magical, especially the fabulous DANCE BREAK towards the end that leads into a KEY CHANGE :disco:

Exactly the sort of thing I watch Eurovision for - see also Hungary 2017's Origo :disco:

(that said shouty borg queen spaceman song is also a brilliant entry and I can't begrudge it the win too much)

Shouty space man also looks like a bit of a RIDE, do we have an instagram update?

Admittedly I've only heard it once when I was going through the videos to give my votes but I thought that Igranka one was BLOODY AWFUL. It just sounds like NOISE*. Kids these days etc. etc.

* My phone just autocorrected this to NOOSE which is ALSO APT

FUCK YOU MOOPY

I mean I actually quite like Igranka for the batshit craziness of it, but how Adio didn't win this in a landslide is a mystery to me. It's my winner of 2015 and absolutely beautiful (unlike Knez).

That would have been a BONUS for those screaming at the prospect of having to sit through 31 unknowns knowing SOME of the 'taste' on here. (aka me)
This is a song in Russian by a Montenegrin rap group that I’ve publicly admitted to liking. I admire your optimism in thinking it might be a bonus :D

This is a song in Russian by a Montenegrin rap group that I’ve publicly admitted to liking. I admire your optimism in thinking it might be a bonus :D
I've heard the theme for the next round is songs in Russians by Montenegrin rap groups that come under two minutes, so you might just be in luck.

It will likely come as no surprise that I'm quite the fan of Who See. 'Pješke polako' is a particular favourite.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom