Morrissey's Adventures In Racism

Claiming he was dropped because they want “diversity” is SUCH a dog whistle, the fucking racist piece of shit.

BMG have come out saying it was a three album deal which has now ended.

It's disgraceful.

He trumpets chart positions as if they mean anything - he went in at no 3 and was out of the top 100 the next week. He sold to the last remnants of his permanently shrivelled fanbase and then it was all over. There were even stores who declined to stock the album (all of this got somewhat lost, given that it was happening mid-March and everyone's thoughts and energies were elsewhere). He's totally destroyed his own value. No wonder they didn't renew with him.

I wonder if anyone will pick him up? He's been through so many labels, can there really be anyone left who could keep him in the manner to which he has become accustomed? Hope not.

At some point, I'll need to write this up properly. That man didn't just change my life, he saved it and that is not an exaggeration. And now he's everything a sane adult would hate to become; blinkered, small-minded, bigoted, entrenched.

Still, you don't get this shit from Robert Smith, eh? He's still a legend.

God he's so tragic :D

Morrissey has hit out at The Simpsons, after The Smiths were sent up in the show’s latest episode.

The episode, titled Panic On The Streets of Springfield, aired last night (April 19), and saw Lisa getting a new imaginary friend – a depressed indie singer from 1980s Britain.

While the show stopped short of getting Morrissey onboard to voice the character, they instead enlisted the services of Benedict Cumberbatch to voice him, alongside a series of 80s-inspired songs written by Flight Of The Conchords Bret McKenzie

Hours after the episode aired, a statement on Morrissey’s Facebook page said the show had taken a “turn for the worst” in recent years.

Surprising what a “turn for the worst" the writing for The Simpson’s tv show has taken in recent years.

Sadly, The Simpson’s show started out creating great insight into the modern cultural experience, but has since degenerated to trying to capitalize on cheap controversy and expounding on vicious rumors.

Poking fun at subjects is one thing. Other shows like SNL still do a great job at finding ways to inspire great satire.

But when a show stoops so low to use harshly hateful tactics like showing the Morrissey character with his belly hanging out of his shirt (when he has never looked like that at any point in his career) makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here.
Even worse - calling the Morrissey character out for being a racist, without pointing out any specific instances, offers nothing. It only serves to insult the artist.
They should take that mirror and hold it up to themselves.
Simpson’s actor Hank Azaria's recent apology to the whole country of India for his role in upholding "structural racism” says it all.
Unlike the character in the Simpson’s “Panic” episode…….
Morrissey has never made a “cash grab”, hasn’t sued any people for their attacks, has never stopped performing great shows, and is still a serious vegan and strong supporter for animal rights.
By suggesting all of the above in this episode…the Simpson’s hypocritical approach to their storyline says it all.
Truly they are the only ones who have stopped creating, and have instead turned unapologetically hurtful and racist.
Not surprising…... that The Simpsons viewership ratings have gone down so badly over recent years.

Such outrageous slander :(

I can't sympathise with either party here. Morrissey is fully deserving of ridicule but mocking him for having got a bit chunky is a poor show. But also, fuck him, because he fat-shames several people in his book so, y'know, feel that.

The Smiths split in 1987, subjecting them to satire in 2021 is pointless.

Also, Morrissey made his last decent record about the same time as The Simpsons was last funny. They deserve each other. Anyway, how's that new record deal coming along, Moz? Anyone returning yr phone calls?

HOW is white writers making fun of a white singer racist, when he wasn’t being made fun of for being white?
Also he makes it sound like accusations of veganism are part of the slander he’s so furious at.

Morrissey's next album set to feature several songs lamenting the 1776 Declaration of Independence, alongside his traditional fare i.e. "Nigel's Alright Really", "Oooh, Me Nobby Stiles", "Polio, Eh?" and "I Don't Mind That Ainsley Harriot, Mind You".

What year was First of the Gang to Die? I feel like that was a good year or two after the Simpsons fell off a cliff.
I pinpoint the precise moment when the Simpsons died as the episode where Homer was raped by a panda, which was in 2001, so Morrissey does indeed have a couple of years on them.

I pinpoint the precise point when the Simpsons died as the episode where Homer was raped by a panda, which was in 2001, so Morrissey does indeed have a couple of years on them.
I had to read that sentence twice before remembering that Homer was, in fact, raped by a panda. Yeah, that was a fatal wound, looking back.

HOW is white writers making fun of a white singer racist, when he wasn’t being made fun of for being white?
Also he makes it sound like accusations of veganism are part of the slander he’s so furious at.

I believe he's mad because they showed the Morrissey stand-in eating a bacon sandwich (with his belly hanging out) :(

That and The Boy With The Thorn In His Side are the two reasons I can’t give up on him altogether.

Oh, I adored The Smiths. They were everything to me as a young 'un. I should be able to separate them from what Morrissey has become but I haven't managed it.

Oh, I adored The Smiths. They were everything to me as a young 'un. I should be able to separate them from what Morrissey has become but I haven't managed it.
It’s a hard thing to do, since you feel almost guilty for liking it. I always tell myself it’s not the music’s fault, which is why I still listen to Another Rock n Roll Christmas every year.

I always say 'ART FOR ART'S SAKE!', as the mob arrives at my door with their pitchforks demanding I stop playing 'Asleep' on a loop at 4am.

Not to defend him, but he does not run those social media accounts. He doesn't write like that or refer to himself in the third person. It's probably his berk of a nephew.

The most offensive thing about the clip I've seen is Cumbersnatch's ACCENT. Does he think that Morrissey was a BEATLE?

Sorry but I'm team Morrissey with this one..

Screenshot_20220126-144525_Chrome.jpg

He got him there.

Yeah I mean as awful as he nowadays, that Open Letter was pretty much a BURN moment and Marr's retort was rather.. feeble. :eyes:

Meh! Marr only mentions him if he's asked! Moz should be going after the journalists, not him.

Reactions: GNL
Meh! Marr only mentions him if he's asked! Moz should be going after the journalists, not him.
Not true - he's gone about him for years.

Didn't he refer to him as 'Dorrissey' once in the '90s to try and be all 'laddish'? Nah, Marr - bye girl.

I mean he could just not respond to the journalist's bait questions but he wants to and he does because he knows it's click bait.

Sorry I'm team Mozz to the end. Ride or die etc.

I think he's just entered his Reputation era :disco:

Can we talk about his recent output?

I thought I Am Not A Dog On A Chain was mostly gash but I enjoyed the covers album...

Apparently next album Bonfire of Teenagers is finished and is awaiting offers from the highest bidder :zombie:

I think I only listened to "I Am Not A Dog On A Chain" ONCE and didn't bother with the covers one. "Spent The Day In Bed" was the last thing I liked and even that was dodgy lyrically.

I think I only listened to "I Am Not A Dog On A Chain" ONCE and didn't bother with the covers one. "Spent The Day In Bed" was the last thing I liked and even that was dodgy lyrically.
'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' Is truly the worst.
Well at least he appears to think that's it not that great either.
Did you see that discography ranking he did on the website? It was interesting. He thinks World Peace is his greatest work. Sure, Jan.

Well, someone's gone and done it... the songtitles are NME-parody level yet again, although I have a curious desire to hear "Kerouac's Crack" :D

"Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will release Morrissey’s ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in February 2023. The album will be released worldwide except for the United Kingdom, where there is no label deal. ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ is produced by Grammy-producer Andrew Watt, and was recorded in Los Angeles. The musicians on the album are Jesse Tobias, Andrew Watt, Josh Klinghoffer (ex-Chili Peppers), and Chad Smith and Flea (both of the Chili Peppers). The album features Miley Cyrus and Iggy Pop on additional vocals. The eleven tracks are: I Am Veronica, Rebels Without Applause, Kerouac’s Crack, Ha Ha Harlem,I Live in Oblivion, Bonfire of Teenagers, My Funeral, Diana Dors, I Ex-love You, Sure Enough The Telephone Rings, Saint In a Stained Glass Window. Album art is by Liam Lynch.

Capitol Records (Los Angeles) has also licensed the rights to re-release Morrissey’s albums ‘Southpaw Grammar’, ‘You Are The Quarry’, ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’, ‘Years of Refusal’ and ‘World Peace is None of Your Business’, and these will be available in deluxe vinyl/LP formats. As with ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’, the albums will be issued worldwide except for the United Kingdom until a UK label steps in. Morrissey is managed by Maverick/Quest in Los Angeles."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom