Paloma Faith - Infinite Things

Jark

User
Premiering on Zoe Ball at 8am tomorrow.

1400x1400wsk9z.jpg

I wonder if Faith has been dropped or if it's just stylistic? It didn't work out great for Marina.

Anyway despite the artwork this sounds from the clip like a business as usual ballad.

I do love a bit of Paloma. Can’t wait to hear this tomorrow.

I also love a bit of Pavlova, so I'm here for this - the last album was lovely.

Will be just interesting to see if this succeeds. It’s really not easy for a British female pop star to have such longevity.

I feel like the Sia-penned Warrior from the last album deserved to be massive, rather than spaffed out as a final single with a low budget (but nicely shot/woke queen) video:

Reactions: SDF
Like everything Sia produces it just sounds like her.

I used to enjoy Paloma but she’s lost any semblance of fun and she just churns out MOR ballads these days.

I don’t like the way she’s singing it, whatever the melody is it doesn’t suit her voice

it also screams promo track. Like she just wanted to get out a woke protest song before launching the album proper next month with something more fun

I don't think Paloma has ever really learned how to use her voice. Or at least for every song of hers where she pulls it off, there are three where she doesn't.

Am I listening to a different song? I think the production is perfect, her voice is suited greatly to the song and it has such a beautiful haunting banshee feel to it.

BRAVO!

It’s almost 3 in the morning but @Rita’s reaction has made me very intrigued :eyes:

Paloma could pretty much release anything and I would eat it up. This is beautiful. Not her best but a decent reintroduction.

The tour poster would have made such a fantastic album cover. I actually like the one we got, but the tour poster image is so striking.

0_unnamed.jpg

I see another track has been chucked out WAY DOWN the list on new music Friday

Did this dent the charts?

I think the ALBAM will do alright first couple of weeks but she seems at that stage in her career where she's too near 40 and will struggle to get a HIT like the ole days

I see another track has been chucked out WAY DOWN the list on new music Friday

Did this dent the charts?

I think the ALBAM will do alright first couple of weeks but she seems at that stage in her career where she's too near 40 and will struggle to get a HIT like the ole days

It doesn't look like it did chart at all. I'm sure that must be due to streaming, as I seem to recall it doing pretty decently on iTunes.

second single/new track

can't be arsed to press play. I think this album will probably flop quite badly after week one.

The new song is again not thrilling. This interview mentions 'Supernatural, a twinkly, 80s-indebted pop stomper' which sounds more promising.

Also turns out she did a Kylie and recorded in her basement, next to a rail of coats to improve her vocals apparently. I think she said on Jools Holland last night that she is getting credited as an Assistant Producer... Humble lil Assistant Engineer Kylie.

Paloma could pretty much release anything and I would eat it up. This is beautiful. Not her best but a decent reintroduction.
I’ve not listened to any of the other releases since this statement. Why is she not coming through with this? Is the material really that different?

Its all solid but a little sub standard compared to her biggies. imo.

I checked the credits for Gold for Sia but it turns out it is a Sigrid co-write, which you can hear in the chorus actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom