Paloma Faith - Infinite Things

Better than This has really grown on me. A canal walk in the sunshine this morning verified that.

I’m trying soo hard to like this album, but it’s just not happening so far. The melodies are so unremarkable and a lot of the production feels quite dated. Hopefully it’s a grower.

I’m trying soo hard to like this album, but it’s just not happening so far. The melodies are so unremarkable and a lot of the production feels quite dated. Hopefully it’s a grower.

But the album isn’t out yet, is it? Agree though that what we’ve heard has been uninspired.

It’s finally clicked with me. They weren’t instant at all for me, but really, really enjoying the album now. Phew!

I haven’t bothered (yet)

but I have a 5 hour train journey tomorrow so I might give it a go then

I’ve had it on in the background, I’ll put it on again today. I want to like it, we shall see!

I haven’t bothered (yet)

but I have a 5 hour train journey tomorrow so I might give it a go then
all the singles feel about 5 hours long so I dont know if you'll fit it in hun

Reactions: SDF
She has a very cute Christmas song out today with Gregory Porter called “Christmas Prayer”. Cute Motown-y affair. Super catchy!

I dipped my toes into the songs being cited as highlights. Monster feels a bit too faceless and her vocal on the verses is quite irritating. Supernatural and Living With a Stranger are better - who chose the singles from this album?! These slinky disco cuts are much more palatable/interesting than most of what they put out.

It still feels a BIT off though on balance. Everything is a touch generic, a problem The Architect did not suffer from.

I gave Supernatural a go, and it was fine but not especially exciting as a song. I was pinning my hopes on that as the shiny eighties one too.

a documentary about a mum literally having a job (that she can take a year off from every 2-3 years)? groundbreaking!

I hope they stopped filming over the Christmas period

paloma is OOO then :kim:

Reactions: COB
This was a very odd album - lots of contrasting styles and sounds that left me cold. But listened to individually, a couple of the more synthwave tracks (Beautiful & Damned and Living With A Stranger) actually grew on me, would never have thought her voice would suit the 80s trend but I really like them

This was a very odd album - lots of contrasting styles and sounds that left me cold. But listened to individually, a couple of the more synthwave tracks (Beautiful & Damned and Living With A Stranger) actually grew on me, would never have thought her voice would suit the 80s trend but I really like them

I've been listening to the album today and I really like Living With A Stranger especially. The eighties influences on the album have mainly been done very well, even if as a whole it is a bit of a hodge podge. Me Time is an absolute horror but after that the back end of the album is the most consistent part I think.

If Loving You Was Easy is a Josef Salvat co-write (though mis-credited in the CD booklet) and you can definitely tell. I can imagine him singing it, though obviously in a less full on fashion.

As it goes those two songs I mentioned have now really grown on me and made their way to the funky playlist. So the album not a total wash for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom