Penelope Jackson murder case

Rita

User
Has anybody else been following this story? She was jailed for a minimum of 18 years for murder today after the jury dismissed her manslaughter claim. She said she was emotionally and physically abused throughout most of their relationship and this got worse over lockdown, and a fight over a very trivial matter (bubble &squeak) finally pushed her over the edge and she stabbed him to death.

What are our thoughts on this big news story today?

She just doesnt have the air of someone who has snapped and retaliated to years of abuse

I have been following this for a few weeks and I am sure her daughter has said that her Mother was abused by her father most of her life. I don’t know if it is something she would say to get her Mum off the hook, but surely if your Mum murdered your Dad wouldn’t testify in court that they were innocent?

Actually it does say in the article “their daughter”.

The fact this started with BUBBLE AND SQUEAK makes the whole thing on the verge of Nighty Night.
I imagine Berrow is pretty much Nighty Night by sea. Depressing place.

She also said to the operative that he “is bleeding to death, with any luck” and how she wished she had stabbed him some more.

“I stabbed him in the heart…well, he hasn’t got one.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom